Starting a Saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you think I could put 2 ocellaris clowns a purple dottyback a six lined wrasse and a flame angel.

Another person told me to add the clownfish last as they are the most aggressive. So yeah I am tossing up between a 33g tank or a 6foot tank depends on where I put it.

6 foot tank gives you like 100 more fish ideas...lol... And a young clown fish is not that aggressive...

@Foskett96 -- I'm not sure why people are saying clowns are aggressive. They will defend themselves, but they do not harass. I have two clowns and a firefish goby in a 40g. They have been fine together. I also had a sixline wrasse that was fine with the clowns and firefish.

I will say that dottybacks can be aggressive, and so can angels. And some angels nip corals.

If you get any tangs, then yes you will need a bigger tank. Otherwise, the clowns, firefish, wrasse, etc are all good in a 30+ gal tank.

I personally love all lionfish. Even though they maybe small you will be taking a risk if you place it with small fish like clowns. Just stick with 2 ocellaris clowns, a purple dottyback, a six lined wrasse and a flame angel. Anything more and you will be over stocking.

If you want more fish you will either have to upgrade or wait till you have some extra money and get another tank. If you are planning on getting a second tank or upgrading I would suggest investing in an RO/unit. It will make water changes easier.

I might get a 6foot tank as I saw on with the tank and a stand for $650. Would a 6foot tank be big enough to put fish like blue tangs and yellow tangs with the fish I already want.

In the 33g could I also put a banghi cardinal with the clowns dottyback wrasse and flame angel.

Foskett96 said:
In the 33g could I also put a banghi cardinal with the clowns dottyback wrasse and flame angel.

Yes, 6 ft is ok with those Tangs, and yes to ur other question too...

If you are going to get a 6ft you must add a zebra eel. They won't eat any of your fishes no matter how small ^^. They might snack on your shrimp -.^

I don't no I dont particually like the look of eels I love the clowns what do you say bout the banghi cardinal.

Foskett96 said:
I don't no I dont particually like the look of eels I love the clowns what do you say bout the banghi cardinal.

Good fish... Love my cardinal..

I would suggest for a larger tank getting more wrasse to keep your bristle worm population in check

Back
Top Bottom