Starting a saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my tank is 25 gallons and I have a few questions on equiment. How many Hydor Koralia Circulation and Wave Pumps do I need. I`m looking at the Koralia 425. I have a 120 gph hob filter, and i`m getting a red sea skimmer. The light i`m getting is 14" 20" Aquarium 3W x 20 Clip on LED Light Reef Hard Soft Coral Ready New | eBay. Is there anything else I need. It seems like I`m forgetting something.

Apart from sand and rock you will need a SW test kit (liquid ones preferable) a thermometer and a refractometer for measuring salinity. Invest in a ro-di system for making your own water ;)

Alright I have a heater and theamoater with my tank right now. I'm upgrading my freshwater to a 45. What's the best base rock?

I think the figi live rock is cool, you'll need around 1-2lbs per gal. so get ready for that :/ liverock is my main setback right now other than upgrading my lighting.

I`m going to try to buy 35-10 pounds of live rock then 15-30 pounds of base rock. I`m trying to bite the bullet and buy lighting i`ll need later on.

That's exactly what I plan on. I will use patients instead of dollars to have full liverock. I want to upgrade 6700's to LEDs but who knows if I will be able to hold out that long before getting it going :)

Yeah it's hard 2. My dad is fussing on me because I'm spending 90 bucks on lights. He thinks I shouldn't even try saltwater but my mom does. Majority wins. :)

Do you plan on having corals? I really don't think that is enough light. IMO. I could be wrong

Yep, it's a enough light. It a ho t5 4 bulb 96 watts. People have had sps under less whtt's then that and they did great. I got them on sale for brand new.

Back
Top Bottom