Starting A Saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say no. Unless there are some expensive fish in there and has a very good protein skimmer along with other saltwater necessities. If not, it's no different than a freshwater setup. I'd keep looking.

Thanks. That is what I was thinking.

If I was to get s 40-46 gallon tank. Would a HOB filter and HOB protein skimmer work okay for me?? I will want to do live sand and rocks and maybe eventually coral. Would I need to worry about the lighting until I want to do corals???

I've had softies (mushrooms, leather, zoas, etc) while only using a hob filter. Didn't have a protein skimmer on it at all. It's a 40 breeder. It now has a 30 gallon sump with still no protein skimmer. The macroalgae grows like crazy in it, so must be doing a pretty good job removing nutrients. It also has about 50 lbs of live rock. As for lights, they make no difference until you get into corals.

If I was to buy a 29 gallon bio cube aquarium for a saltwater what would my options be for stocking???? I know i would want a couple clownfish. What else could I add?????

Back
Top Bottom