starting again....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a_b1301

Aquarium Advice Regular
im starting to get ready to re-start my currently fishless fish tank. long story short, everybody got the ich...
so im about a month into being fishless...another month would you suggest to make sure all ich parasite is gone?

and now the fun bit. right now i have a cleaner shrimp, hermit crab and toadstool coral in the tank. my tank is only a 64 litre (which i believe is about 17g but im not totally sure) and so i know im quite limited with the amount of fish i can have. soooo...what should i get? im starting really slow, and doubling the advised time between adding fish this time. a fishless tank is no fun, even tho the shrimp does keep me amused!

i want the tank to look alive and colourful, obviously, so let ur imaginations run wild...suggestions below.

thanks in advance

My first advise is to set up a QT and quarantine all your fish before putting them in your DT!

oh yeah, ive done all that....ive had a month to sit restless twiddling my thumbs...ive researched researched and then researched some more...plus a QT

Your tank needs to be fishless for 7 to 8 weeks to break the lifecycle of the parasite.

Your tank needs to be fishless for 7 to 8 weeks to break the lifecycle of the parasite.
thats what i was told...im a month into it and so have a month left.
im jst lookin for ideas about fish to start over with, which fish would be ok in that size tank, etc :)

17 gallon tank you wont be able to have much. Maybe two fish and that will be it. Maybe 3 small fish.

should i maybe think about going more towards the reef path with just the two fish?
what would you do with that size tank? (apart from swap it for a bigger one)

Two fish would do good with a reef. The only thing you`ll need is diligence as that size tank will be less forgiving with parameter swings and mistakes.

just looking at different fish...whats ur thoughts on these (im looking on a site for nano fish)
Catalina Goby
Hi Fin Red Banded Goby
Yellow Clown Goby
Wheeler's Watchman Goby
There are Firefish, Firefish Helfrichi and Purple Firefish - any pref?

Back
Top Bottom