Starting Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrndHog

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just came accross this forum a couple of days ago and seems like its a good fit for my interest. Alot of knowlegable people that are very polite, perfect!

I,ve been out of the hobby for about 12 years now so I'm doing my research before diving in again. Back in the late 80's early 90's I had a 55gal tank that I kept fish, no LV or anything like that. I was using a Magnum 220, UV, UGF and powerheads. I know thats going to cut it with what I want to do now. I'm looking for a tank between 75-125gal that live rock can thrive with some good size fish and live coral.

My main question is the filtration system, whats the latest and greatest? Is it still the wet/dry or has something else come along?

Thank You in Advance! :)

"Nobody knows everything, but together we do"

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com and the all addicting hobby of saltwater aquaria.

There are some great articles you can read about >>Here<< that should get you started. I would really suggest reading up on the many types of filtration available. All have good points and bad, you will need to determine what is going to fit the tank type you desire and the time your schedule allows. to properly care for it.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom