Thanks for the reply lance. I just ordered two Koralia 3 powerheads at 850gph each and will have a Mag 5 return pump pushing 500gph for a total 2200gph flow, or 34x the tank size. I think that will work nicely!
I did fing one discrepency though. My LFS
recomemded to me Mag Drive 9.5 which pushes 950gph. Now, I only have a 1" overflow so that seems ecessive, is there a reason he recomended this and did I under estimate my return pump requirements?
Now onto my next question (there is always a next question
). This is the RO
I am looking at, what do you all think?
AQUAFx Mako RO/DI System
* High efficiency 1-micron sediment pre-filter
* 2-micron chlorine guzzler carbon block pre-filter or our exclusive chlorine and chloramine-removal filters
* High flow / high rejection TFC membrane
* High-efficiency color-changing DI
* 160 PSI pressure gauge marked with operating and unsafe ranges
* In-Line TDS
* Solid Aluminum "no-rust" metal mounting bracket
* Clear 10" filter cartridge housings.
* All systems include quick connect fittings, a shut off valve, a filter wrench for easy cartridge replacement * your choice of a feed adaptor.
* INCLUDES AUTO SHUT-OFF VALVE
AQUAFx Mako RO/DI System* - AquaCave
I am looking online now to see if I can find this model used (assuming nobody here suggests a better one). This is actually a double buy for me as I live in Charleston, SC and we are very hurricane prone (though we have been lucky for awhile) and this will reside in my hurricane locker when not being used for the aquarium.