Starting my 55gal reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will not cycle with fish but was I wrong by putting the substrate in before water? And I am going to need to weight for like two weeks for rock to be able to start my cycle.

I am confused with my filtration needs. I have a skimer a UV steralizer and two canister filters. Should I use all of them?

Just placed the order for 50lb of base rock from reefcleaners. It is going to seem like forever waiting for it.

No you don't need to use all of them... use the fluval canister for certain...depending on tank size (didn't see it anywhere) you may need the skimmer, and the uv sterilizer is completely up to you. People get by perfectly ok without sterilization.

***edit*** guess I need to read the titles a lil more.... id run the skimmer, being as its a 55...

I mean you could... but there's really no need to run to canisters on a 55 esp when one is a 405. But its your setup and tank so if you'd feel more comfortable then by all means run them :)

Back
Top Bottom