Starting New Tank today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Something new!

Please look at the picture and help me identify the growth or worm on my rock. Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 125
What kind of gloves do most people wear while working in their tank to keep from getting stung by bristle worms?

What kind of gloves do most people wear while working in their tank to keep from getting stung by bristle worms?

Not really something you've got to worry about, the only thing that will even go near my hands when they're in the tank is the cleaner shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Fully Stocked

I finally got my last 2 fish, now I am fully stocked.

2 Oscellaris Clownfish
4 Blue/Green Chromis
1 Royal Gramma
1 Purple Firefish
20 Nerite Snails
5 Cerith Snails

Less Fish.

Well I'm back down to 4 fish. It seems my Chromis do not like tank mates. They have killed both of my small clownfish, my Royal Gramma and one of their own. I now only have 3 Chromis and the Firefish.

I'm going to wait awhile before I get any new fish. Next time I get clownfish they will be bigger than the Chromis so hopefully they will leave them alone.

IMO just remove the chromis, make your stoking selection easier and safer.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You want to add the most aggressive fish last to the aquarium

Identify stuff on rocks

Can someone help me identify this whitish stuff growing on my rock? I'm starting to get a lot of it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 80
I don't know a like anything but if I had to take a stab at it im guessing a feather duster lol

Can someone help me identify this whitish stuff growing on my rock? I'm starting to get a lot of it.

Filter feeder...name is currently escaping me...but they are harmless. Similar to pineapple sponges, you will see them show up in the early life stages of a tank and normally will fade away until they are gone as it matures.

It's just a different kind of sponge.

Picture of all my fish.

Do your clowns pay any attention to those anemones you have in there? Just curious. I saw a video somewhere that had a bunch of them in a clown fry tank and they seemed to like hiding in it. But they were babies of course so much smaller.

Do your clowns pay any attention to those anemones you have in there? Just curious. I saw a video somewhere that had a bunch of them in a clown fry tank and they seemed to like hiding in it. But they were babies of course so much smaller.
Unfortunately my clowns were killed by my Chromis before they had a chance to even get familiar with the anemones. They say that sometimes clowns will host fake anemones just as they will real ones. I'll let you know when I get more clowns if they start hosting.

Back
Top Bottom