Starting small zoo tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What could potentally happen to my display tank if I put the rock in with minute levels of nitrite? Pretty much if its a few days early?

Why did you cycle your tank without the rock? confused....Sorry if someone asked already. This thread is to long for me to go back and read it over.

Its fine, got 3 tanks plummed together. A 40 breeder and two 20's. One 20 is a sump and the other I use to hold my frags. Im turning my frag tank into a zoad tank, because its full of zoo frags anyway.

I bought 35 lbs of live rock online to fill the tank with rock and make it another tank itself, with only zoo's.

I put the rock in a bin to get rid of die off. Its been two weeks and everything seems to have 0'ed out. But when I did a final test before putting it in my 20, the nitrite went from 0 to somewhere between 0 and .5. But Im wondering if this is going to effect my display at all.

ammonia is at 0, nitrate is at 0, and nitrite is at probly .2. I watched the ammoina go from 2ppm down to 0. the nitrates and nitrites have been at 0 since the first time I tested.

Ya haha, so you think rock can be put in tank at this point with no ill effects, at least not enough to kill anything?

Just go slow and make sure the rock does not have to much dead algae and or animals on it.

There it is, rock is in and things seem to be going good. Took the advice, waited a few days and went slow.

Thank you all for the help and putting up with some stupid and confusing questions. "When faced with the unknown, even the most experienced may sound nieve."

Attachments

• Photo_B50F7D7A-955C-0EEE-8167-6CCD5043D881.jpg
    Photo_B50F7D7A-955C-0EEE-8167-6CCD5043D881.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom