Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady3210

Ya I am pretty much 100% going with the goby over the hawkfish and tang.

That was my idea to the left there is actually a small cave on the left and am going to extend it out.
Make sure thought, with your scape that your caves provide cover, but not too much cover. You know? You want the fish to have a spot of protection, but still open enough so that you could see it no matter what. Give the engineer too many hiding spots, and you might not ever see him lol.

Heres kobe

Old 05-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

He looks great! And few years old too.

Just got my purewaterclub RO/DI unit hooked up in the laundry room. It is reading 0-1 tds through the DI! Couple minor problems with leaks and me not pushing the tube far enough into the quick connect but otherwise was simple to get installed.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

More progress, my powerheads came in yesterday and work great! Also found a local guy breaking down his tank and willing to sell me some live rock for 2.00 a lb will be going to check it out tomorrow. About ready to add water and watch the magic....
Old 06-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just to push this to the top. I am still working on the tank but my wife having our second child kinda put a halt on things for a couple weeks! Live rock fell through so still need to pick some of it up but I managed to get my sump and plumbing setup. Put sand in yesterday and started filling the tank with water. If all goes well I should be filled by this weekend and I will get some pictures.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

Tank is filled, SG is at 1.024, sump is running, and I added the ammonia! I have officially started cycling! Pics coming tomorrow. Also going to try and work on my ATO and screen top this weekend.

Amo: 2.0
Trite: 0
Trate: 0
Old 06-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Big update with pics!

Well like I said I started cycling yesterday and I am using a bacteria booster that actually works really well. I actually had to use it a few months ago when I was starting up a brackish tank and killed the bacteria by raising the SG too fast. It cycled the tank in a week(with daily water changes and constant monitoring) with my fig 8 puffer in the tank with no visible stress to the puffer.

Anyway it seems to be working again as these are my readings after 24 hours with no live rock or sand:

Ammo: Somewhere around 1-1.5
trite: .5
trate: 5-10

Here is the booster:

Shot of my ammo and trite tests:

How the tank currently looks. I do need to still clean the glass but haven't bothered since i'm in and out of it so much right now:

And my simple sump. This will be replaced in a few months:

Old 06-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well went to petco yesterday and they were having their $1 gallon sale so I picked up a 20L to turn into a sump!

What do most use for a bubble catcher? Just a filter pad? I am having issues with micro bubbles so looks like I need one.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

No clue if anyone is still checking this but it is nice to keep a journal going so on I go!

Ordered 20 lbs of live aquacultured rock from sealife.inc. They were awesome and answered all my questions. I got some of their partially cured rock shipped priority mail and it arrived in 2 days(today). My lovely wife had the honor of unboxing it and putting into some buckets of water I prepared. She was quite terrified of something attacking her so I didn't tell her about everything that can come on the rock... lol

Tonight I am going to rinse and get the rocks in the tank. i will get some more pics then too!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm following . I'm going to be converting my 75 soon and this helps
Old 06-29-2012, 01:18 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

I cleaned the rock up and got it into the tank tonight!

Right off the bat can anyone help me ID this? Looks like some kind of coral maybe:

As promised a new full tank shot:

Tags
75g, 75gal, build, starting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com