Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-05-2007, 10:04 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

That was the first thing I checked, but thanks.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:20 PM   #32
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

How is the tank coming along? I haven't read any new posts from you lately and was just checking on things....

Old 03-05-2007, 11:30 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I'm not gonna have anything to show off for a fair long time. I'm still in the "saving up money" stage for at least a few months before I even start buying equipment. I just figured that it'd be very helpful to figure out exactly what I wanted to put in there as far as fish and whatnot so I'd know exactly what hardware I needed before I started spending cash, and I sometimes tend to get waaaaaaayyy too carried away with the planning.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:36 PM   #34
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I know the feeling! Basically if you get a good sized tank, good lighting, an above par skimmer (can handle larger then your tank) and a few power heads you are well on your way. I've been in this for about 18months now. I got my tank 3 months before I had even started building my stand for it. It was another couple of months after the stand was built before I had lights on the tank. I know where you are right now and you want to do everything right the first time and that is awesome, but I can promise one thing, no matter what you buy or save for there will always be something to upgrade or change later. Heck I went from a 75g wet/dry filter with 260w PC light to a 3 stage sump/fuge and 570w of MH and VHO lighting. Now I want a bigger tank or maybe just take my 55FW and turn it into another reef. Bottom line is make good choices and listen to those who have been there and done that and you will do well first time around.

Tags
55 gallon, starting, stock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com