Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

starting up a 75gal predator tank, need advice

looking to start up my first SW tank. have been in the freshwater aquariums since i was young but took a break and went with reptiles. always wanted a salt water tank so going to make the plunge. anyways moving on to what im looking to do. im currently on the lookout for a already establish tank to buy so may or may not come with corals. but stocking is what im curious about. i have a few fish im interested in and want to see what kind of bioload i can hold with them.

first set is
1.skeletor eel
2.radiata lionfish
3.blue tang
4.fu manchu/fuzzy lionfish

second set idea is
1.skeletor eel
2.radiata lionfish
3.fu manchu lionfish
4.fuzzy lionfish

and last set idea
1.skeletor eel
2.zebra,snowflake eel or similar?
3.fu manchu lionfish
4.fuzzy lionfish

let me know which you think would work or if all of them work. i will be running a protein skimmer for sure, if i end up starting from scratch i will get a 75 with sump set up. any and all advice appreciated. thanks

Old 07-26-2014, 05:12 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

You won't be able to keep all of those fish in a tank that size. Lionfish don't always play nice together...and since space would be limited I would imagine things wouldn't go well.
As for the tang, most won't do well in a tank that isn't 6ft long. There are some, like kole tangs that will do well in a 75g.
Snowflake eels are a good fit for a 75g as they are one of the smaller eels, but you'd want to make sure that it isn't so small that the lionfish would want to eat it.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:02 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Get a tank 4 times that size then you could THINK about it..

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 07-26-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

well i know for sure i want the skeletor and the radiata. so i couldnt keep another smaller lionfish in with it? these are just idea's but id like to get at least those two fish in. what else would i be able to put into that predator tank?
Old 07-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

and also, those are sets of ideas, i only plan on fitting 4 fish into said tank. not all of those sets.

Tags
75g, 75gal, advice, red, star, start, starting, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com