Starting up a fish only saltwater aquarium.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm gonna get better stuff. Figured I'd start with the HOB filter for now. Then move up ti better stuff

I'm gonna get better stuff. Figured I'd start with the HOB filter for now. Then move up ti better stuff

good idea, piece it together and keep doing research and gaining knowledge until you are ready to take on coral and anemone. once you get the hang of it, the basics will be a piece of cake

Just when start buying equipment as a general rule better to buy bigger than what you actually need. Especially with protein skimmers.

Just when start buying equipment as a general rule better to buy bigger than what you actually need. Especially with protein skimmers.

I always buy bigger with freshwater. I figured the same rule would apply. I've read that I should get a powerhead too. I do wanna get bigger and better stuff including a bigger aquarium. When I move up on filtration. Would a canister filter work ok? I've read most people use sumps etc. Which I know nothing about.

Sumps are best, but can use a canister. I've used one on a previous tank with good results. My new tank has a sump and I'm liking all my equipment being out of sight.

Sumps are best, but can use a canister. I've used one on a previous tank with good results. My new tank has a sump and I'm liking all my equipment being out of sight.

Wouldn't I need a drilled aquarium for a sump set up? Can you even buy new aquariums already drilled?

Drilled is easier and safer imo than hob overflows. Yes you can buy new tanks pre-drilled. I just got a 120 with duel overflows that was pre-drilled.

That's the brand heaters I use. I like their's the best. I've never looked into there aquariums. Thank you for all advise

Back
Top Bottom