Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-09-2003, 08:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
step 2, what next?

ok. so i have had my 80 gal. salt water tank up and running for nearly two months. for the last month it has been inhabited by a chromis damsel and a domino damsel. the domino is on his way out the door due to his aggressivness. i plan on getting some more chromis damsel, but what would be the next step up from the damsels. i started with them because they were cheap. what are some other fish that are good for beginners. for the time being my tank is going to be just fish, until i get more experienced with the SW system.

utahcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 08:20 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Are there any fish that strike your fancy? Fish that maybe you have seen in the store or in photos of others tanks that your interested in keeping.

Clowns are another heardy fish that can get agressive but usually are ok in a tank. Ideally you want only 1 clown or a pair of the same species.

A yellow tang? SOme other tangs are rather sensitive to water changes but yellow tangs are the most heardy of the tangs.

Dwarf angel fish? Coral beauty, flame angel?

Remember dont tap the glass, your fish will think you're an idiot -Anonymous mother

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 08:22 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
A percula or ocellaris clown would be good. A bangaii cardinal would also be a good one. If you are willing to feed it, one of the lawnmower or sailfin blennies would make a good fish. I have one...he's so ugly you can't help but like him. Maybe an orchid dottyback? A royal gramma? Perhaps a 6 line wrasse?
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Logan J
loganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 09:18 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
watchman goby, firefish goby, yellow headed jawfish.
Hara is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com