still cloudy....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Micro_suds

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey gang,

I have recently setup my tank and have added my live sand and live rock. it's been about 2 days since the live rock was added and I am eagerly awaiting my water to become clear. It just seems like it's taking forever for my water to clear up, but I am unsure of just how long it takes. It's a 80 gallon aquarium w/ berlin protein skimmer. 85 pounds of kaelini rock....live sand...etc... will my water clear up or am I doing something terribly wrong??

regards,

Micro

did you add the sand after you had water in the tank?

If so how did you add it? Adding sand is going to cause a such a condition in the tank but there are a few ways to limit the cloud.

One thing to make sure is that non of your powerheads are blowing down toward the surface. Have them all blowing across or slightly up toward the top.

hang in there. it took me 4 days to get the tank clear. on the 3rd day is when i really noticed a difference.

fishfreek,

yes, I added the sand 24 hours after the water was added. when you say "powerheads" what are you referring to? please forgive my ignorance. I'm assuming the cloudiness will go away after a few days???

regards,
Micro

thanx Butters!!!! I will be patient..... It's just my kaelini rock is so nice to look at, the cloudy water makes me wanna walk away!

regards,

Micro

well...it's day 4 and my water is getting clear!!! 2 more days and i should be ready to start my cycling process!!

thanx,

Micro

Back
Top Bottom