Still in cycle, got a few question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pepsipopper2001

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, y'all I'm new to this forum. I'm new to the sw world. Done a lot of reading. I'm just starting small at first to see how this go before I go big. I have a 28 gallon euro bow front tank. I'm about 3-4 weeks into my cycle. The LFS are doin my chemical test and they say I am almost done.

I have two HOB quite flow 30's so about 400 gph combined.
200 water heater
about 15 lbs of live rock
Little over 10 lbs of live sand

I want to get a protien but wait to gather some money so I can get one.

Will I be ok with the equipment that I have?
My water got a little cloudy, not bad but a little noticeable. What can I do fix it?
Is there anything y'all recommend for me to do?

For a tank that size you can go with out a skimmer. Just keep up on your water changes and that should take care of it. It's pretty easy to do water changes around 20% with a 30 gallon tank.

You should be all right with the equipment you have now. If your water is cloudy then you can look at putting some filter pads in the HOB filters. That will help to take anything floating around in the water out. Just make sure you clean them out when you do water changes.

It's pretty important to be able to do your own water tests. It's fine to have to LFS take care of it during your cycle but I would get some liquid tests and learn to do it your self so you can understand whats going on with your tank.

Welcome to the site. Keep us updated on the new tank.

Back
Top Bottom