Still thinkin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pufferlove

Aquarium Advice Freak
I everybody I am still considering stocking ideas. could I put a bubble tip anemone in my 55 gallon tank. I know they have a bad reputation for taking over tanks because they get huge, but would it take my tank over

Some bubble tips do get rather large and it will only be a few months for that to happen. I do know a couple of people that have had theirs split when it gets to large then they get rid of all but one.

How long has your tank been up and what kind of lights do you have? Also is it for a clown fish?

I would really suggest against an anemone in such a new tank. Is that the only light fixture you will be running? You need at least a 4 bulb t5 setup to keep nems. That unit you linked is just a moonlight setup. Supposed to be on just at night when the lights go out so you can see inside.

I would really suggest against an anemone in such a new tank. Is that the only light fixture you will be running? You need at least a 4 bulb t5 setup to keep nems. That unit you linked is just a moonlight setup. Supposed to be on just at night when the lights go out so you can see inside.
:agree:

that fixture won't support any photosynthetic creatures. to answer your question, a bubble tip anemone can do well in a 55 providing the parameters and lighting are suitable.

Back
Top Bottom