Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-09-2011, 06:45 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yea cycle depends on a lot of factors. If everything you use pretty much is from an older tank you may not even have a cycle. My current tank had only a week long mini cycle because I used everything from established systems except for the sand bed.

I run electrical appliances underwater and enjoy injecting things with Kalk filled syringes.
Sarcothelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

All I did was explain the nitrogen cycle as it would be if a tank were not seeded. Sure if you add plenty of rock that already has the latter part of the cycle than you should see little to no cycle. I never said that's how long all tank cycles take under certain situations. All 3 of my tanks, with only adding minimal live rock, and mostly base rock with no ammonia dosings, no shrimp trick, took almost exactly 1 month each. So speaking from expirience, without using tricks of the trade, only live rock and base rock, yes I can say the nitrogen cycle itself without intervention takes around thirty days. There's a reason they teach it as such. But it's a science so ofcourse it doesn't always work that way. **** nature.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:47 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Secondly, I know all of you are knowledgable, but I didn't see anybody after my post trying to give this guy advice. All poeple tried to do was to disprove me when all I was doing was sharing information to help him better understand a cycle. I respect all of you especially hackteck and Carey (you've been awfully helpful in the process of my last tank) but I thought this was called Aquarium Advice, not Aquarium Attack. Let's all just try and help this guy cycle his tank instead of disagreeing with my cycle explaination.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergie View Post
Let's all just try and help this guy cycle his tank instead of disagreeing with my cycle explaination.
I'm sure we'll get back to that when he answers the questions posed to him. Information has been given, questions have been asked, links have been provided.

dskidmore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cycle, cycled, led, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com