Stir up the Substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emricson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello Everyone,
Currently I have been looking for a fish/star fish/shrimp anything that will stir up my substrate. In the past I had a Diamond Goby and would consider purchasing another one, but was looking for something different. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Currently I have 4 red leg crabs, cleaner shrimp, turbo snails, firefish and a false Clown. So I would want anything that would interfer with them. Also I only have a 29g tank.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

but in a 29g tank you would not want to put 2 sand sifting stars in there...

just a PSA, not discrediting Andy's info :)

Nassarius snails are a good choice. I also have a sand sifting star but only see him occasionally.

SS stars are nice but will eat a lot of benificial critters in the SB. I would not get one of them unless your tank is 100 gal +. JMO.

I would go with the snails.

After the suggestions I went and did some research on the SS stars and seaham I think that I might have to agree with you. I think that my tank is just too small to have even one SS star.

So are there any other critters that I could get besides the SS stars?

Like brenden said.
Nassarius snail.

IMO they are they best at stirring in the bottom.
The go in and out of the sand all day.

OK, I think that I might give them a try. I did some research on them and they seem like a great fit for my tank. Thanks everyone for your help.

Back
Top Bottom