Stock for a 180 Litre?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wilkes

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm just wondering what sort of stock
I could achieve in a 180.
I'd like a cuc
Watchman goby and a shrimp(heard pistol shrimps go well with them)
Clown pair
My gf also likes the domino damsel so to keep her on side best get one of these.
Any suggestions on this or other possible tank mates?

Could a cleaner shrimp go in there too?

Hi there!
Just a few warnings, LOL. It is possible that you may run into aggression issues with a Domino Damsel, but it might work out okay since you have such a large tank. ;-)

Also, I have heard possible reports of Pistol Shrimp killing Cleaners. :( However, I have also heard success stories keeping them together, my guess is that it just depends on the species.

What about some kind of Tang? They are great, very active and colorful, and your tank is big enough for a lot of choices.

I thought tangs required a much larger aquarium to be honest. I suppose it also depends on the stock of the lfs

Wilkes said:
I thought tangs required a much larger aquarium to be honest. I suppose it also depends on the stock of the lfs

You have a 6 foot tank 180 gallons? You are perfect for tangs :) congrats not many people are able to say that. Haha

Nu-Nu the eel said:
You have a 6 foot tank 180 gallons? You are perfect for tangs :) congrats not many people are able to say that. Haha

Nooo not 6ft haha 180litres so about 3ft

Wow you fooled us :) haha and ya sorry, a tang would be a bad idea in a 3 ft tank. How many gallons is it?? On my thread i have my whole stock list for my tank (66 g) that is just over 3 feet. It will give you some good ideas :)

Thread title edited to avoid further confusion. :)

I think the domino damsel might cause some aggression problems for you. They can be fairly pugnacious.

severum mama said:
Thread title edited to avoid further confusion. :)

I think the domino damsel might cause some aggression problems for you. They can be fairly pugnacious.

Sorry I'm in the UK so that's why I put litres we tend to use that more here than gallons. I think it's around the 60g mark. So I'll check out what your got. As for the dominos those little guys looked so calm and peaceful! Who would they show aggression towards?

Wilkes said:
Sorry I'm in the UK so that's why I put litres we tend to use that more here than gallons. I think it's around the 60g mark. So I'll check out what your got. As for the dominos those little guys looked so calm and peaceful! Who would they show aggression towards?

It's 47 gallons (us) and 40 uk gallons

I have a 47g tank also, would yours happen to be a "tall" or "column" style tank, that's like 30" tall? Because that's what my tank is and having the tall tank affects the stocking options a little bit IMO.

Every damsel I've ever had was aggressive especially dominos they will pick on new fish to the point of killing it. I'd stay away if your looking to have any type of Pygmy Angeles or shy types of fish.

Sorry hit send before I was done if you really want one get a small one and make sure its the last one you put in your tank

Reef79 said:
Sorry hit send before I was done if you really want one get a small one and make sure its the last one you put in your tank

Thanks for the advice

As for the actually dimensions of the tank I haven't got it yet hopefully this weekend. I will start a thread when I do.

Back
Top Bottom