stock levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

benni

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,

ok i've been up and running for about 4 months now and have my tank stocked i think that i may have gotten carried away in my 30 gal bow front. heres what i have a maroon clown a skunk back psuedacromis a tiger watch goby and a long spine urchine and of course three turbos and a few small hermit crabs. as far as corals i have a single mushroom frag a small frag of zoos two pieces of bubble coral and rock covered in green star polyps. I was wondering where to go from here if i can add anything else? I want to add a few more coral but i'm not sure on how to proceed.

Thanks,
Ben

oh yeah i forgot that i had a feather duster that had hitched a ride on so live rock

You can add coral all day long as long as there's space IMO. Hemits, crabs, and shrimp too. Coral and CUC (clean up crew) don't add anything to your bio-load.

What are your nitrate readings by the way?

when i tested the tank this morning everything was sitting at 0 and it has been this way since i cycled my tank. I do a weekly water change of 20% and haven't had any issues with nitrates nitrates or amonia.

Bicolor blenny will perch on the rocks. Cute fish. A fang blenny will swim out front. I like the canary/fang blenny personally. Look'm up as there are others too. Yellow, blue and yellow, etc. On the gobies, you can do a clown goby (yellow or green most available). Small and perches also. Or a shrimp goby - he'll hang out out the bottom near an opening to a cave. If your rock is on the bottom of the glass and not on the sand, he and a pistol shrimp together might be nice too.

The only thing is your Psydochromis, I have one and it rules the tank. My gobies are all in hiding so that the chromis don't kill them.

Last edited:
yeah i know what your talking about. when i first added the chromis him and my clown duked it out for a couple of days. then the came to an understanding.

The only thing is your Pydochromis, I have one and it rules the tank. My gobies are all in hiding so that the chromis don't kill them.
Pydochromis?

I imagine it DOES rule the tank since none of the the other fish know what it is?! :p

Just to clear the air and cover thincat's back... I'm thinking he means pseudochromis... and didn't mean "chromis" in his second sentence. I don't think a chromis could kill a knat if it wanted to.

Regarding adding stock - I don't think you're at your limit bioload-wise, but I might be a little hesitant to add anything else with two pretty feisty fish in there. 30g can get pretty small when you're a fish running for your life!

Yeaap, Kurts correct...Spellings is not my good point. I meant bicolor psydochromis, and got cute with the short cut. But in an age where no one uses any periods, commas or the like I think you got it. Thanks Kurt at least you could read my shorthand. ;)

I copied and paste it from the Doctors website.....Can't trust copy and paste or there is two ways of spelling that word. No problem, all in good fun and nothing personal. Some of those words were intentionally miss spelled.;)
just for you.............

Got to love this means of communication.....

Back
Top Bottom