Stock List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

franktobia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,

I have a 37 gallon tank that is almost done cycling so it's time to start thinking about fish.

I 100 percent want two clown fish and the rest is up in air. I want a center piece fish so i was thinking a dwarf angel. A pistol shrimp and yellow watchman would be a cool combo. Can someone give me some suggestions on what the rest of the stock could be and any improvements I can make on it.

I currently have 40 pounds of live sand, 50 pounds of live rock, and a protein skimmer. I never thought of getting the tank drilled until after adding water, so is this enough filtration or should I purchase a canister filter.

List so far

Fish

Clownfish Pair
Yellow Watchman Goby
Dwarf Angel (Coral Beauty?)

Invertebrates

Pistol Shrimp
Nassarius Snails
Red and Blue Leg Hermits
Cerith Snails

Coral

Maybe some beginner ones but nothing crazy

Unfortunately, dwarf angels need a larger system than a 37 to stay healthy. They need the swimming room of a larger tank.
It can be hard with smaller tanks to find a 'centerpiece' fish due to larger fish needing some pretty hefty sized tanks in most cases. Is there something that you are looking for specifically to help guide you in a direction?

Unfortunately, dwarf angels need a larger system than a 37 to stay healthy. They need the swimming room of a larger tank.
It can be hard with smaller tanks to find a 'centerpiece' fish due to larger fish needing some pretty hefty sized tanks in most cases. Is there something that you are looking for specifically to help guide you in a direction?

Would I be able to keep it for a few years and then put it in a new tank or give it away? Or would being in too small of a tank stunt it's growth.

I'm looking for the biggest colorful fish that can live a happy life in my tank. Would a six line wrasse be ok?

Yeah I'd skip the dwarf angel as well. I have a potters in my 40 breeder but it is 36" x 18" wide so a lot more available swimming room. The width is kinda limiting for you.

Haven't pistol shrimps been known to crack glass if they "fire" too close

Urban legends. Not all glass is created equal anyway. What holds together a 150 gallon isn't as thick or strong as what holds together a 20 gallon.
But for colorful fish, have you looked at royal gramma?
Fair enough, not surprised it's almost a bit of a myth, by the sounds of it after a quick Google search, the types that are able to break glass are generally too large for most home aquariums, the other shrimp being able to do this is mantis shrimp and I can't see those being in home tanks doing well with fish without killing them

A six line wrasse will exterminate all your pods needed for biodiversity. Their cons outweigh their benefits in a tank. Bangaii and firefish are also a great addition.

Back
Top Bottom