stock list confirmation!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theseainside

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi there,
i am getting a 75 gallon aquarium and just wandering if my stock list is compatible??? (it is fish a fish only tank)...

1x Moon wrasse
1x yellow box fish
1x kliens butterflyfish
1x threadfin butterflyfish
2x ocellaris clown fish
1x zebra lion fish
1x green mandarin dragonet!!

i think i overstocked pls. help me!!!
:fish1:

Welcome to AA! Some of those fish need about twice the size of your tank. Don't recommend box fish either b/c when stressed or when they die they release a chemical that can kill all your fish! Also the lion fish will eat the clowns and dragonet if it has an opportunity. It's hard to have a predator tank w/ a 75. Maybe the lion, an eel, a trigger, and/or possibly a puffer? That might be too much and I don't know a whole bunch about predator tanks. However, they are messy eaters so factor that in when choosing. Lastly, dragonets are very picky eaters mainly eating copepods. They can eat 2,000+ a day b/c they just eat all day. It would be better to buy a mandarin that is already trained to eat frozen food, but wouldn't recommend one in a predator tank.

Forgot to mention that you can look at a compatibility chart and quick stats on many fish and other livestock on liveaquaria.com if you haven't already. Keep researching! :)

Also a note on yellow boxfish: they generally are very prone to ick and it is almost impossible to treat. Very cute expressive fish but very likely to infect your other fish, and then to top it off, as obscurereef said, they release toxins upon stress and death.

obscurereef said:
Forgot to mention that you can look at a compatibility chart and quick stats on many fish and other livestock on liveaquaria.com if you haven't already. Keep researching! :)

Thnx heaps!!

Back
Top Bottom