Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #111
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I already have the mandarin, I've had him for almost a month now, because I had so many copepods running over the place and he eats frozen brine anyways do he's been doing great! Getting fatter, and brighter than when he was at the lfs
The blue velvet damsel is my baby! He's really nice, the damsel and the mandarin hang out sometimes.
Haha Nu-Nu it depends on how much a foxface will cost me when it comes time to buy one
So the engineer won't bother the other goby or anything else?

Old 07-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #112
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha alright... Then i would definitly up that school of chromis and maybe cut something else out, i dont know what because you have some of those fish already. Haha and the foxface may be a bit more expensive then a cheap butterfly, but it is a dang strong fish and you could go through 2-3 butterfly fish but still keep a foxface alive your call.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #113
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel
Haha alright... Then i would definitly up that school of chromis and maybe cut something else out, i dont know what because you have some of those fish already. Haha and the foxface may be a bit more expensive then a cheap butterfly, but it is a dang strong fish and you could go through 2-3 butterfly fish but still keep a foxface alive your call.
Well I have good news for Nu-Nu! After all the pressure and a good deal at my lfs I finally bought a one spot foxface rabbitfish!
It was 29.99 and is only 2-3 inches!
I'm pretty sure he is a onespot! He has a spot on both sides but he isn't all yellow like the one on liveaquaria?
He has kind of a black on top with white on the bottom half of his body but all his fins are yellow
I will post a pic when I can
Old 07-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #114
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Nice man!! Haha sounds kinda like a magnificant fox maybe? I dunno. Pics!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #115
Aquarium Advice Addict

WHOO! When you saw it you thought of me and my pressure. Haha! pics pics pics pics pics
Old 07-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #116
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah I just looked up a magnificent and when I look at him now in the bag, it may be but when I was in the store he looked like a one spot but without all the yellow, maybe juveniles are a different color?
I would post a pic of hi in the bag but the app won't let me, I'll try restarting my phone
Old 07-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #117
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well sending a pic now is probably now worth it because hen they are stressed, sleeping, or scared they turn black or brown an their colors are totally differant when he is no longer in the tank and swimming around with normal color, he will be very easy to ID!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #118
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah he is really black right now, it wasn't half black when I bought it but when I checked on the way home it was and when I got home it was all black! Haha looks really bad but my dad said the whole body was yellow except for one spot on it
Old 07-04-2012, 02:07 AM   #119
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nu Nu what do you feed your foxface?
Old 07-04-2012, 02:11 AM   #120
Aquarium Advice Addict

My fox is a boss. He will eat anything i put in the tank, i bet you if i dropped an oreo in the water he would eat it. Lol

Seriously though, he LOVES algea sheets so definitly get those and feed him a little square maybe 2" by 3" or so every other day or so. He will eat nls pellets, brine, mysis, aglae sheets, bloodworms, an thats all i have tried. Haha good luck!

Tags
5 gallon, 75 gallon, stock, stock list

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com