Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have blue reef chromis and they are an awesome colorful, active fish. here is a shot of them, they for sure are different and very very blue too!

Old 05-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

They are in the top of the picture? They are very colorful
And is that also a bristletooth tang? How do you like him?
Nu-Nu I has hear that is not necessary as well but I love watching them and they can help me in my cleaning job hah

Old 05-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I like them to... But i also really hate them. They are constantly screwing with my coral, one hermit attacked my chalk bass and nearly killed him, and they always need me to flip them over because they getcaught on their backs... Lol it is annoying sometimes
Old 05-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Haha if their not smart enough to flip themselves over then their not smart enough to live..natural selection haha jk yeah I know but I like just watching the hermits picking through the sand and rocks scavenging for food
Old 05-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I hear:
1turbo snail for every 8-10gl
1hermit for every 1-2gl
And 1trochus for every 4-6gl
Plus If you have shrimp and other fish as members they help to.

It all depends on what you want really
Old 05-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep, thats a tomini bristletooth in the shot, a great tang by the way. I figured i went with the yellow and blue tang so I;d get a smaller tang as the third one. lol

The three tangs hang out all together, I have my own little Tang Gang in my tank. lol

AS far as cuc, I would start small and work your way up if you like. I have very little snails and hermits in my tanks and they are all in pretty good shape. Clean up crew is entirely optional, just keep that in mind. You dont NEED to have them but alot of people like them.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Do you like the bristletooth alot? I want to get one but their more than a shiny penny where I am...
Old 05-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

i really like the tomini, I think he was a good addition. The coloring is nice, the yellow contrasts well with the brown of his body, which is a good brown and not dull or drab.

he has a decent temperament too, he doesn't really pick on any fish other than my evil goby, lol, but all the fish chase the evil goby so he's just doing what everyone else does. lol
Old 06-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sorry for the late reply, I just hasn't been worried about stocking lately since I just converted my sump over into a refugium! But now I'm back on track!
Okay, Take away the butterflyfish
Will a diamond goby get along with a dragonet?
Since I have my refugium up I'm looking into green mandarin in the future!
Old 06-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The diamond should be fine with a mandarin. I have several gobies and blennies in with my two dragonets and they get along well. The mandarins from what i can tell go about their business and pretty much ignore whats going on around them while they hunt for food. I had a yellow watchman goby that would lunge at my mandy but she never flinched just kept going. lol

Tags
5 gallon, 75 gallon, stock, stock list

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com