Stock list for 75 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armyman16

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How is my stock list? My tank has just finished cycling and I'm going to add my first fish within a week or two! Please tell me if I'm overstocked or not and if I will run into any problems at all. This is a 75 gallon going to be reef with a 20 gallon sump and protein skimmer
1 Bristletooth Tomini Tang
2 Picasso or snowflake clowns(haven't decided)
2 diamond gobies
1 blue velvet damsel
Hopefully , eventually a copper banded butterfly
And maybe a couple more fish if I still have room?
Please tell me if anything will not work or give me ideas for a couple more fish if I still have room

Make sure you have an established sand bed before getting the gobys, they are sand sifters. Also, beware of the butterfly! I hate damsels and a school of chromis woul look much cooler IMO

Yeah, is there any way to get the sand bed where they would want it? I don't wanna put them in there if their not going to be happy and yeah i have read alot of bad things about the copper banded but they are the reason I got into saltwater so Ive gotta take my chances haha
And yeah I just don't really like the blue/green chromis that almost everyone seems to have...alot of people like them but I don't see why
Maybe if I found a different type of chromis that appealed to me more?
An I know what you mean by hating the damsels they are notorious for being bullies! But I already have this blue velvet in my 20 gallon, I know it is to small for hi so I'm moving him into the 75 but he never bothers any of my other fish he's a nice one haha

Haha i would go with differant gobys! IMO dimond gobys are not very cool...

I think there is blue reef chromis that look awesome! They are an electric blue color :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha i would go with differant gobys! IMO dimond gobys are not very cool...

I think there is blue reef chromis that look awesome! They are an electric blue color :)

You don't like diamond gobys?? I love their orange spots and their blue spots by their jaw and I love watching them sift through the sand, which goby would you prefer that could pair up with a pistol shrimp?

Sniperhank said:
Get a scoop of sand from an established tank. This will help it get going faster.

Yeah that's a good idea, I might get some out of my 20 gallon

Orange stripe prawn gobys are my favorite. So simple, but very cool. I also like blue spotted watchmans

Haha I'll look at all the gobys and decide from there later on, but what about a clean up crew?
How many hermits and how many snails?
I bought 6 of each the other day just to add some movement but I'm wondering how many more I will need

Ya know, in my opinion a clean up crew isnt necessary, but that are fun to have sometimes! I personally have like 4 snails and 3 hermits... Lol

Not sure how many you would need in a 75 g... Maybe look at reef cleaners

I have blue reef chromis and they are an awesome colorful, active fish. :) here is a shot of them, they for sure are different and very very blue too!

img_1957004_0_80f0340793be00b5fa75619ec76837d7.jpg

They are in the top of the picture? They are very colorful
And is that also a bristletooth tang? How do you like him?
Nu-Nu I has hear that is not necessary as well but I love watching them and they can help me in my cleaning job hah

I like them to... But i also really hate them. They are constantly screwing with my coral, one hermit attacked my chalk bass and nearly killed him, and they always need me to flip them over because they getcaught on their backs... Lol it is annoying sometimes

Haha if their not smart enough to flip themselves over then their not smart enough to live..natural selection haha jk yeah I know but I like just watching the hermits picking through the sand and rocks scavenging for food

I hear:
1turbo snail for every 8-10gl
1hermit for every 1-2gl
And 1trochus for every 4-6gl
Plus If you have shrimp and other fish as members they help to.

It all depends on what you want really

Yep, thats a tomini bristletooth in the shot, a great tang by the way. I figured i went with the yellow and blue tang so I;d get a smaller tang as the third one. lol

The three tangs hang out all together, I have my own little Tang Gang in my tank. lol

AS far as cuc, I would start small and work your way up if you like. I have very little snails and hermits in my tanks and they are all in pretty good shape. Clean up crew is entirely optional, just keep that in mind. You dont NEED to have them but alot of people like them.

Do you like the bristletooth alot? I want to get one but their more than a shiny penny where I am...

i really like the tomini, I think he was a good addition. The coloring is nice, the yellow contrasts well with the brown of his body, which is a good brown and not dull or drab. :)

he has a decent temperament too, he doesn't really pick on any fish other than my evil goby, lol, but all the fish chase the evil goby so he's just doing what everyone else does. lol

Sorry for the late reply, I just hasn't been worried about stocking lately since I just converted my sump over into a refugium! But now I'm back on track!
Okay, Take away the butterflyfish
Will a diamond goby get along with a dragonet?
Since I have my refugium up I'm looking into green mandarin in the future!

The diamond should be fine with a mandarin. I have several gobies and blennies in with my two dragonets and they get along well. The mandarins from what i can tell go about their business and pretty much ignore whats going on around them while they hunt for food. I had a yellow watchman goby that would lunge at my mandy but she never flinched just kept going. lol

Back
Top Bottom