Stock List For New 29 Gallon FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RWH1986

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am just getting ready to set up my new 29 gallon tank. Not sure what I would like to put in it yet. I would like to have a clown or two. One of the orange and white colored butterflyfish (can't remember the name), and a fire shrimp. What else would be recommended? I would like something that burrows in the sand possibly. Any help would be appreciated since I am brand new to salt tanks.

Just commented on your earlier thread.. Consider a cardinal, pj or bangaii or a firefish. for burrowing fish if you have a deep sand bed try a jawfish. Otherwise some goodies burrow.

Jaw fish are great for plowing through the sand and borrowing. I just wanna point out something very important that some fail to do. Not saying you but it has been done. Make sure you ad all your rock work and it's very stable. Then add all your sand. If your gonna add a jawfish a 4" sand bed will do fine. I have a jawfish and he digs and digs and borrows and borrows all over my tank! It's really cool to watch. He finds a spot and just sticks his head out and watches you lol. So cool.

image-1154100893.jpg

The Copperband Butterfly requires a 75 gallon established tank and is very hard to care for. They usually eat only live food like amphipods and copepods.

Thank you so far the suggestions have been amazing. I am very interested in the jawfish. I was thinking about using the finer oolite as my live sand substrate as I read that it compacts making it easier to clean and visually more appealing in my opinion. Would the jawfish still be able to burrow in it or would I need to consider something else? Based on what I read on here I ordered about 15-20lbs of the reef saver rock from BRS and should receive it tomorrow (I am excited). Should that be enough to start since its dry and live rock from the store I heard has a lot of water weight?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom