Stock List Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
joy13 said:
I add the water from the coral into a bucket and add some tank water to it with about 5 drops of flatworm x and let it sit about 30 minutes. I put some tank water in another smaller bucket, I add iodine until it just starts turning color. I swish the coral off in the iodine water then rinse in tank water. YouTube - Mr. Saltwater Tank TV Friday AM Quick Tip #12: No Prescription Needed
this is more the way I do it at about the 6 minute mark YouTube - LimpitsReef's Channel
You do want to make sure you dip any corals you may get since you don't know what is lurking in someones tank.

When are you drip acclimating? Before dipping or after?

I usually check the SG and if that is the same then I float the bag in the tank or the sump. If it the SG is close then I just add some tank water if it is off more than .002 I will drip acclimate for a few minutes. The easier corals are much easier than a fish or shrimp to acclimate. Anemones I take my time and drip acclimate them very slowly.

Coral doesn't create a bioload it is what the coral is fed that will create one if it is dumped in the tank. Duncan and sun corals need to be fed. Acans, recordia, and candy cane will benefit from a feeding but I don't go out of my way to spot feed them they usually catch what if floating around the tank. I do have one candy cane that I do feed since it will sting anything near it when it gets hungry and can reach quite a ways.

Would it be a bad idea to add in 1 frogspawn frag, 1 hammer frag, 1 bubble tip nem and a red cleaner at the same time?

are you sure youd ready for a nem.. its only been a week since you had a huge nitrate break out.. maybe you should wait it out

I wouldn't add a BTA for at least 9 months or a year after starting a tank. Cleaner shrimp do better in a well established tank.

I've updated my list and added the CBB, Midas and the Goby/Pistol combo, removed the jawfish because of the depth of my sand (2.5")

Any issues with the Midas or Watchman?

New list:

(IN 2/24) Mated Pr of Occelaris Clowns - orange
(IN 2/24)Mated Pr of Occelaris Clowns - Black & White
[QT - ich] Copperband Butterfly
Yellow Tang
Pacific Blue Tang
Flame Angel
Yellow Watchman Goby & Pistol Shrimp
Midas Blenny
Mandarin
Royal Gramma

Red Cleaner Shrimp

2 x Bubble Tip Anemone

Corals:

[IN] Frogspawn
[IN] Hammer
[IN] Monitpora Capricornis
[IN] Acropora - Birds Nest
[IN] Toadstool leather, Cabbage leather
[IN] Pulsing Xenias - 2 kinds
[IN] More Zoos
[IN] CandyCane
Open Brain - green maze
Fox Coral
Flower Pot
Devils Hand

1 Clam - suggestions?

whats your lighting like.. i personally like all clams but i find that maximas seem a little more touchy than croceas.. croceas are more touchy than squamossas but squamossa get larger than maxima or crocea .. all are perrtyy tho

Back
Top Bottom