Stock list- is this reasonable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RTV

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've recently upgraded to a 125gal tank. I have 160lbs of figi live rock, 150lbs live sand.

Here's what I have:

yellow tang
2 oc clowns
diamond gobie
6line wrasse
2 clown gobies (those guys sure are cute)

Here's what I'd like to add:

Naso Tang
Regal Tang
lawnmower blenny
mandarin gobie (much later when pods are established)
3-5 green chromis
either a flame angel or a coral beauty (haven't decided)

Does this sound like a good group? Is this too much for my system to support? If so, how would you adjust the list?

I'd consider the naso, blenny, and 3 chromis and ensure nitrates stay at 5ppm or less. Just my gut, nothing scientific there. :wink:

the naso will be tomorrows purchase....I'm excited! Wish me luck! :D

What size - compared to the yellow? Hopefully, not too much fighting, even though they are different body shapes. May have to change the rock work around if problems persist.

Gonna QT that bad boy????? :wink:

Also, watch those trates. If not at 10 or below now, I'd say you're not ready IMO.

He'll be a little bigger than 'Tina' my yellow Tang- I'm sure she'll hold her own though. QT is the plan.

Thanks for your input....the hardest part of this hobby is patience...something I'm short on but, I'm learning :oops:

If he's bigger than Tina, shouldn't be any problem at all.

BTW, they can scare you. New to a tank, he might not eat for days. Mine started with clip food/algae sheet. Hardly ever ate prepared (frozen, pellet, or flake).

QT. QT. QT. QT.

Did I mention anyting about quarantinning new fish yet???? Well, I really should. :roll: :wink: 8)

Well....brought him home tonight...almost 3 hours of drip acclimation and into the QT- saw him eat at store so, I felt good about that but, it took the high school boys about 20 minutes to catch him...worried about the stress but, he seemed fine once I got him home. He was aggitated for a while but, after a bit, he actually grazed on some of the seaweed I had clipped in the tank. So far so good ...I'll keep you posted. Found out that they have had him for 2 weeks and according to the boys at the store, he has been eating well. After more reading, I was more comfortable with the information I was getting from store #2 so, went with the larger fish- as best I can measure, he's about 5 inches maybe a little more so,....I guess that makes him a HER....regardless, I'm very satisfied with the purchase. :D :D :D :D

lights out now but, will do tomorrow....if I can figure out how! :oops:

and...btw....his name is Nate (the Naso)....if a girl....she'll have to make do with a boys name! lol

Back
Top Bottom