Stockig my 10g tank....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a quick question about my fish stocking in my 10g. I was thinking a pistol shrimp, watchman goby and a firefish. Is that a good combo? Could I have a barber shop goby in there also or is that to much?

Also instead of having a firefish/barbar shop could I have a clown in with the watchman and pistol shrimp? I really like clowns but I want to make sure they can live with a watchman/pitol.

I have heard clowns can be territorial/aggresive, but would it be ok in my tank?

I like the yellow watchman/firefish combo. Stick with two fish to start and see how it goes.

watchman and fires go together fine. if they are big. 2-3 at a time is safe. make sure you test the water often for a while to determine if you need to make more frequent water changes due to their size.

then if everything's fine, throw some pistols in there too.

have you ever heard of pistols needing iodine when they molt? ive read that they need a supplement. i have 7 ghost shrimp, and they molted just fine without iodine.

one of my red clawed crabs died after its molt, and i read they also need a supplement during molting as well. the pet store had never even heard of that, but ive read about it online many time.. just a heads up one that.

anyone got an opinion on that??

The clown would be ok with the watchman. The watchman and pistol are gonna hang out on the bottom of the tank and the clown will stay mid to top levels of the tank. Just be sure to only add one fish, wait a week or two for the biofilter to catch up before adding the second. The second fish could be in QT during this time. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom