Stocking 75 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timm79

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have so far in a 40 breeder plan to move to 75
40 lbs live rock and 60 lbs live sand
1 saddleback clown
1 yellowtail damsel
3 red fire fish
6 hermit crabs
5 turbo snails
1 emerald crab

Corals

1 frogspawn
1 hairy mushroom
2 different zoa
1 Kenya tree
1 toadstool leather

My questions are

1 what kind of in sump protein skimmer at or around 200$ should I get ( would like to stock as close to full or 75 percent as possible

2 what other fish can I add ?

3 what are people's thoughts on USA led lights. The ones with the storm and cloud settings?

The fish I have in mind are
Some kind if tang , maybe more fire fish to add to the school and my wife wants a manderin down the road.

Thanks for all in put

In the 75 you could have a yellow eyed kole tang or one of the other bristle tooth tangs.

For fish check out a mimic tang. Most people would advise you by tang size but the swimming pattern is also important. While bristletooth tangs are smaller they are still very active fish. Mimic tangs are supposed be slightly bigger but their swimming is not as active and they grow slowly.

How do you use the seaside? Just put in sump and plugin ? Kind of new to the whole skimmer thing just have a hob bak pak on my 40 right now

Bigger for sure. A yellow tang, tomini tang, or kole tang will be your options.

Bigger for sure. A yellow tang, tomini tang, or kole tang will be your options.

As in a bigger clown?? No way, then you will probably have 2 females and that will not end well . How long have you had the one?

6 months, then i got a bigger one and they did ok. He didnt have a mate though, did he?

6 months, then i got a bigger one and they did ok. He didnt have a mate though, did he?

I meant the ops lol. I guess everyone's experience differs. I lost my male so I added a smaller one since I had a pair. I guess if it didn't have a mate you'd want to be careful

Mine is a saddleback and the perso I got her from had another and it didn't make it I have had it about a month

Back
Top Bottom