Stocking a 29g new to saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jewel_cichlid03

Aquarium Advice Freak
New to saltwater and been looking at some fish and i like these four but i want to know if these are a good compatible group?

image-2112297622.jpg

Fantastic nano fish selection, and good on you for doing your homework....

I've currently got an Ocellaris and a Six-line wrasse in my 28, and if I do add one more, it will probably be a purple firefish or an orchid dottyback.

LiveAquaria has a nano fish section as well. It's not all inclusive.... there are many others that be kept in a nano that they don't have listed, but it's another place to read up..... http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15+2124

I've read that unless its a mated pair, a tank should only have 1 Firefish cuz when they mature, they will fight. Also, I love Catalina gobies, but wanna make sure you're aware they like water that is 60-70*F, and the other fish on that page like 73-78*F, so it'll be difficult to keep everyone happy and alive. Have fun with your tank! I have a 30g FOWLR and 55g reef. LOVE SW!! :)

The catalina goby is a cooler water fish. It does best in water anywhere from 60°-70°. The other 3 are fine.

ccCapt said:
The catalina goby is a cooler water fish. It does best in water anywhere from 60°-70°. The other 3 are fine.

+1 about the Catalina. You will need to run a chiller in most instances to keep this fish but you have already been told this in a similiar thread that you started.

Back
Top Bottom