Stocking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KantGetRite

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a 50g tank with 20g Sump just had an ich outbreak which killed the few fish I had so I am leaving it fallow for 9 weeks and it has been fallow for 3 already so I want to purchase one or two fish to go through 6 weeks of quarantine and finish with that around the same time that the fallow period is done with. Please give me suggestions/advice and an order on which fish or two to quarantine first (10g barebottom)
Currently I have some coral, chocolate chip starfish, and 2 peppermint shrimp.

Here is what I want to stock:

Royal Gramma Basslet
Lawnmower Blenny
Midas Blenny
Green Mandarin
Flasher/Fairy Wrasse (1 or 2)
Purple Firefish

Can I add anything else? is this too much? Any personality issues or otherwise?

The tank is 9-10 months old. It's been fallow for 3 weeks. I have adding a few tisbe pods bags to get the pod count up while there is nothing feeding in them.

So I have a 50g tank with 20g Sump just had an ich outbreak which killed the few fish I had so I am leaving it fallow for 9 weeks and it has been fallow for 3 already so I want to purchase one or two fish to go through 6 weeks of quarantine and finish with that around the same time that the fallow period is done with. Please give me suggestions/advice and an order on which fish or two to quarantine first (10g barebottom)
Currently I have some coral, chocolate chip starfish, and 2 peppermint shrimp.

Here is what I want to stock:

Royal Gramma Basslet
Lawnmower Blenny
Midas Blenny
Green Mandarin
Flasher/Fairy Wrasse (1 or 2)
Purple Firefish

Can I add anything else? is this too much? Any personality issues or otherwise?
blennys will probably not get along, mandarin are very difficult to keep and need a constant pod diet, they eat all the time not just when you choose.

in a 50 id do one flasher, a couple clowns, and maybe a blenny or goby of sorts.

Trying to avoid clowns. Everyone has clowns and my wife isn't the biggest fan. I'll do the Midas Blenny then. How big is the smallest aquarium that can sustain a good pod population for a mandarin?

Trying to avoid clowns. Everyone has clowns and my wife isn't the biggest fan. I'll do the Midas Blenny then. How big is the smallest aquarium that can sustain a good pod population for a mandarin?

its not aquarium size, its having an established, large refugium.

You know that cc star is going to start munching corals right?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom