Stocking brand new tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tyoung

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We are nearing the end of our cycle or at least we think so. We have a 75 gallon tank with live rock. We plan on starting out with two clown fish, but aren't really sure what to add after that. We read, but sometimes we read things that contradict what we have already read. So does anyone have any suggestions? We are looking for peaceful easier beginner fish.

Ideally, we would love to have a dwarf angel or some kind of tang.

Thanks for any suggestions.

For tangs in a tank that size, I'd recommend a Kole Tang. They are meant to be relatively easy to keep, and they will appreciate the size of your tank.

As for other fish to consider, check out the watchman gobys (all different types include Yellow, Pink Spotted etc). There's a bunch of different wrasse you could get if you have a lid or something to stop them from jumping out.

The dwarf angels are pretty, but if you plan on adding coral then I probably wouldn't risk it. They are a high chance of picking at them and damaging/killing them.

A few blue or blue/green chromis would liven up the tank somewhat too :)

matthewh133 said:
For tangs in a tank that size, I'd recommend a Kole Tang. They are meant to be relatively easy to keep, and they will appreciate the size of your tank.

As for other fish to consider, check out the watchman gobys (all different types include Yellow, Pink Spotted etc). There's a bunch of different wrasse you could get if you have a lid or something to stop them from jumping out.

The dwarf angels are pretty, but if you plan on adding coral then I probably wouldn't risk it. They are a high chance of picking at them and damaging/killing them.

Thanks I'll research those!

Also, I was wondering about the clean up crew. How do I know what to get and how much to get? I really like the peppermint shrimps.

Also, does anyone have any star fish suggestions?

He just described my tank. :) We have two clowns, a 6 Line Wrasse, a Kole Yellow Eye Tang, 3 Blue/Green Chromis and a Fire Shrimp. Love them all. We are planning to add a Diamond Goby and that will fill us up. Makes for a very nice tank, no aggression and all are reef safe.

Engineer goby!!! Make sure you see an adult pic of them because they drastically change as they age

Thanks for your suggestions. Currently, we have two ocellaris clowns, a scooter blenny, and for fun, two hermit crabs.

We are leaning toward a one spot fox face for our next addition. Of course, since we just added Blenny this weekend, won't be for a while.

After that, I have no clue what we'll add next.

Back
Top Bottom