Stocking Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdnelson99

Aquarium Advice Addict
Have our 45 Gal (36"L x 24"T x 12"W) up and doing well. Have 20 lbs of LR, 10 lbs of BR and 40 lbs of LS. Added two clown fish, 10 crab and 5 snails on Friday. So far water parameters are looking great. Not planning on doing anything more until possibly this weekend or the next depending on how the test readings look all week. Now for the fun part, I want a community reef tank. The last thing I will add will be a diamond goby but I need ideas on what to add in the mean time. My wife loves color and something that is active and doesn't hide would be great. Would love ideas from all of you.

How about a royal gramma? I had one and they are very colorful. :) I also have a yellow waatchman goby, again a nice bright yellow color.

How about a royal gramma? I had one and they are very colorful. :) I also have a yellow waatchman goby, again a nice bright yellow color.

Thanks Carey. I will check them out. I was thinking of the yellow watchman goby. That won't conflict at all with the Diamond Goby will it? Got to have one of those. :) I will also take a look at the royal Gramma.

Just got a thumbs up from my wife and youngest daughter on the Royal Gramma so I guess that is our next addition. :) Thanks Carey.

Hey Carey. Keeping in mind that we currently have two clowns will be adding a Royal Gramma and a diamond goby not to mention a possible yellow watchman goby, is there any kind of angle that would do well in a community reef tank that you know of? Our tank is 45 gal. Yes I know I have told you that a 100 times but since you follow a thousand post a day I figure I should remind you. heheheheh

With those fish you are starting to get to your limit. The ones listed will put you at 5 fish. :) I dont have one but alot of people like the coral beauties, not sure if they are an angel fish though they look like one. Live aqauria has a section on dwarf angels Id start there. :)

With those fish you are starting to get to your limit. The ones listed will put you at 5 fish. :) I dont have one but alot of people like the coral beauties, not sure if they are an angel fish though they look like one. Live aqauria has a section on dwarf angels Id start there. :)

I looked through the Dwarf Angle sections and it looks like an angle may not be the best fit. I will look again at the coral beauties. They were on my list of maybes but seems like there was something I was shying away from. Thanks for the help.

if you can afford it look at the multicolored angelfish hes been a model citizen so far for me no nipping at corals or anything

if you can afford it look at the multicolored angelfish hes been a model citizen so far for me no nipping at corals or anything

After looking it up I can see why you stated your reply with "If you can afford it". LOL Nice fish but I think I better wait until I have more time under my belt before I spend that kind of money. :eek: I do appreciate the suggestion though.

Back
Top Bottom