Stocking ideas for 30g cube reef tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you do weekly 15% water changes having 5 fish should be okay. Look at firefish, they are cool looking fish

Could a scooter blenny work? In the 37g with the tailspot blenny,2 ocellaris clowns,the peppermint shrimps,the sixline wrasse, and the sand sifting goby?

This seams to be a lot of fish in such a small tank .
They suggest 1 lb of live rock per gallon of tank water .
And I have read somewhere a simple rule of 1" of fish per 10 gal ?
Someone ease quote If this is wrong .

This seams to be a lot of fish in such a small tank . They suggest 1 lb of live rock per gallon of tank water . And I have read somewhere a simple rule of 1" of fish per 10 gal ? Someone ease quote If this is wrong .
it depends the fish in my opinion... But yes, 5 fish is going to be hard to keep, but if weekly water changes are done, it should be okay.

it depends the fish in my opinion... But yes, 5 fish is going to be hard to keep, but if weekly water changes are done, it should be okay.

I have 6 fish in my75 gal
2 of those are small tangs .
I know I shouldn't have tangs in such a small tank but its a learn from our mistakes kind of situation

I have 6 fish in my75 gal 2 of those are small tangs . I know I shouldn't have tangs in such a small tank but its a learn from our mistakes kind of situation
I understand it's fine, I wanted a tang in my tank at one point. But I've learned that they would outgrow that tank in no time. If you weren't knowledged about tangs before you purchased them it's okay, you learn from your mistakes, however if you know that tangs deserve a large tank but go ahead and buy one for a small tank, it's kinda cruel. My girlfriend wants a "dory" in my current aquarium build (45 gallons) I'm trying to teach her about how tangs need large tanks. I have a feeling in gonna come home one day and there's gonna be a tang swimming around my tank lol

I don't know if it's been touched on, but seahorses need a species specific tank. They cannot be housed with other fish. Seahorses are a bad idea in this tank.

I understand it's fine, I wanted a tang in my tank at one point. But I've learned that they would outgrow that tank in no time. If you weren't knowledged about tangs before you purchased them it's okay, you learn from your mistakes, however if you know that tangs deserve a large tank but go ahead and buy one for a small tank, it's kinda cruel. My girlfriend wants a "dory" in my current aquarium build (45 gallons) I'm trying to teach her about how tangs need large tanks. I have a feeling in gonna come home one day and there's gonna be a tang swimming around my tank lol

The blue hippo tang was one of the first fish.
I came home from work and my daughter and her mom went out fish shopping and that's what they came home with .
It isn't in my tank anymore .
Another mistake was buying a copper banded butterflyfish .
It wouldn't eat and it died .

I don't know if it's been touched on, but seahorses need a species specific tank. They cannot be housed with other fish. Seahorses are a bad idea in this tank.

It has been mentioned on the first page

Does anyone know any invertabrates that are good at cleaning algea?

Instead of cleaning up the problem maybe finding the cause and correcting the problem is the issue ?
What is your system ?
What lighting do you use ?

Back
Top Bottom