Stocking ideas for 30g cube reef tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was wanting to know about the invertabrates because if i did have a algea problem when the tank is set up i could know what to get

Emerald crabs are mostly peaceful if they get enough food, so always make sure of that. If not, they will succumb to eating other inverts and small fish and whatnots.

And does anyone know about hermit crabs?[/QUOTE

I don't know if you have access to liveaquaria.com
But it is very informative ,
I will answer any questions you might have about a lot of fish , inverts , or corals .

What's the point of having crabs to clean up the tank if you have to add food just for them?
You are increasing the bio load for crabs?

Oh yeah true in guess il just stick to the shrimps

I started with 10 blue legged hermit I might have 2-3 now .
They are constantly fighting and pulling each other out if their shells ,
I tried having a lot of empty shells for them to move into but that didn't help

I started with 10 blue legged hermit I might have 2-3 now .
They are constantly fighting and pulling each other out if their shells ,
I tried having a lot of empty shells for them to move into but that didn't help

Blue legs are the worst, incredibly aggressive

If I only knew than what I know now . Lol

Lol were did I find the future me at? Oh right, screaming at me for thinking about buying blue legs haha and for trying to but a BGK for a 10g many years ago. I didn't so haha went with a DG

It all depends on what you are planning in the future .
Reef , fowlr , aggressive fish ?

Reef and me and my dad are on our way to pick up the 37g its already cycled and has alot of live rock does that instant cycle it? Also the filter comes with it and so does the skimmer.

You could add an urchin if you have enough coralline algae or a banded serpent starfish

Just picked up the tank it came with some turbo snails and unknown hermit crabs also right before we left she came out of her house with 2 of these hermit crabs she said her mom found them and put them into the tank without asking and when i pulled them out they had little critters crawling on them, what should i do? And the crabs were only in the tank for 30-45 seconds btw. Sorry for getting of topic im just a little scared :(

Back
Top Bottom