Stocking ideas for 30g cube reef tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i am planning on getting a 30g cube tank and was wondering what types of fish i could stock it with that are reef safe here is what i was thinking i would put in it but im open to suggestions!
-2 pygmy seahorses
-1 sand sifting goby
-2 ocellaris clownfish
-1 emerald crab
-5 blue damsels
-1 lawnmower blenny
PS the deminsions are
L-23in
W-19in
H-16in

Thanks in advance!!!!!!! :D

So i am planning on getting a 30g cube tank and was wondering what types of fish i could stock it with that are reef safe here is what i was thinking i would put in it but im open to suggestions!
-2 pygmy seahorses
-1 sand sifting goby
-2 ocellaris clownfish
-1 emerald crab
-5 blue damsels
-1 lawnmower blenny
PS the deminsions are
L-23in
W-19in
H-16in

Thanks in advance!!!!!!! :D

Damsels are re devils if the sea, there very, VERY, aggressive. Sea horses have to be in a species only tank for special feeding an such. Lawns mowers are also hard to feed. Take a look at firefish, tailspot blennys, and 6 line wrasse

Damsels are re devils if the sea, there very, VERY, aggressive. Sea horses have to be in a species only tank for special feeding an such. Lawns mowers are also hard to feed. Take a look at firefish, tailspot blennys, and 6 line wrasse

So i guess the sea horses,LM blenny, and damsels are out so could i get
1 sand sifting goby
2 ocellaris clowns
1 peppermint shrimp
1 emerald crab
1 tail spot blenny

1 sand sifting goby
2 ocellaris clowns
1 peppermint shrimp
1 emerald crab
1 tail spot blenny
And how are lunar wrasses? They look amazing!

Hmm yep. Everything sound good now, I have no idea about the lunar wrasse though

Hmm yep. Everything sound good now, I have no idea about the lunar wrasse though

I just looked them up they grow to 10 inches!!!! And need at least a 75g but my dad hates rectangle tanks and insists on getting ether a cube or full moon so we decided the cube.
Also do you know of any small schooling fish that we could get for the 30g?

Well there's not really a schooling fish except for tanks over 100 g thanks to aggression an adult size, mabye a trio of cardinals instead of clowns

1 sand sifting goby
2 ocellaris clowns
1 peppermint shrimp
1 emerald crab
1 tail spot blenny

The diamond watchman goby is my fav fish . Period !
Everything is clean , he never stops until the lights to out ,
And there is always some kind of clean up / construction happening .

I have a lunar wrasse and he is a nasty sob. lol I have him in with other aggressive fish and he is out nastied by some. lol

How about some chromis? Cheap, hardy and relatively small depending on which ones you get

I have a lunar wrasse and he is a nasty sob. lol I have him in with other aggressive fish and he is out nastied by some. lol

How about some chromis? Cheap, hardy and relatively small depending on which ones you get

Could i fit them in with my the other stock? Or would i need to change it a little? Do you know of any small ones?

Oh wait, smaller chromis I bet you mean. LOL I'm such a spaz.

Blue green ones are the smallest ones I think and they get along with everyone, very community fish friendly. I consider them "happy" fish. hehe

Oh wait, smaller chromis I bet you mean. LOL I'm such a spaz.

Blue green ones are the smallest ones I think and they get along with everyone, very community fish friendly. I consider them "happy" fish. hehe

Ok lol how many could i get with the current stocking scheme?

Guys i just changed the tank size we will be getting a 37 gallon long instead!
And can i get a yellow tang in that size a tank? Ive heard there aggresive but dont know for sure...

No you can't keep a tang in a 37gallon. They require tanks 90 gallons and up.

And can i get a yellow tang in that size a tank? Ive heard there aggresive but dont know for sure...

Nope, no tang. Need a 75+ tank. Look at live aquaria for stocking suggestions an such

Could a scooter blenny work? In the 37g with the tailspot blenny,2 ocellaris clowns,the peppermint shrimps,the sixline wrasse, and the sand sifting goby?

image-1479716029.jpg

Liveaquaria.com is a amazing site for compatibility or minimum tank requirements .
Tangs require a lot of swimming room .
They are prone to stress related illnesses and putting them in a tank too small isn't advisable .
It says even a small yellow tang requires at minimum 100 gal tank.
Attached it a screenshot from the site .

Back
Top Bottom