Stocking ideas for a 75 fowlr?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OscarFan76

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any stocking ideas for a 75 fowlr? It is cycled and I have 3 green chromis in it. I want a clown, diamond goby. I'm open to ideas of cool fish for the rest. I want to avoid stingers like lion fish and fox faces.

I like puffers but most require a big tank. I was thinking a blue dot but he will eat my cuc.

Just wondering if any one knows of different cool fish that will work in a 75 community tank.

I have a 20 gallon sump.

I have a FOWLR 75-90?g ...
I have in there right now 1 bubble tip anenome
1 clownfish
1 2 ft snowflake eel
1 Picasso/Huma Huma Trigger (VERY SMALL....maybe 1 in.)
1 Goldring Surgeonfish
couple of snails, crabs, and SS starfish.

Would like to get a couple more clownfish, maybe some chromis, and one more "big" fish...maybe Blue Ring Angel?

In my 65 gallon reef i have
1 10" engineer goby
1 Onespot Foxface (beautiful and i have never been stung)
1 Marine betta
1 flamehawk fish
2 clowns (1B&W)

I plan on adding 2 more fish..one being a wrasse and the other undecided!

parkersmomma2 said:
I have a FOWLR 75-90?g ...
I have in there right now 1 bubble tip anenome
1 clownfish
1 2 ft snowflake eel
1 Picasso/Huma Huma Trigger (VERY SMALL....maybe 1 in.)
1 Goldring Surgeonfish
couple of snails, crabs, and SS starfish.

Would like to get a couple more clownfish, maybe some chromis, and one more "big" fish...maybe Blue Ring Angel?

I would definitly not reccoment triggers for this 75 gallon tank, and most tangs get too big. Almost all angels need bigger tanks then a 75 gallon so thats out.

OscarFan76 said:
Any stocking ideas for a 75 fowlr? It is cycled and I have 3 green chromis in it. I want a clown, diamond goby. I'm open to ideas of cool fish for the rest. I want to avoid stingers like lion fish and fox faces.

I like puffers but most require a big tank. I was thinking a blue dot but he will eat my cuc.

Just wondering if any one knows of different cool fish that will work in a 75 community tank.

I have a 20 gallon sump.

If you are anything like I think you are (which is someone who likes something exotic that has cool color patterns and no one else has and/or knows what it is) then you are just like me. In a 75 gallon you have quite a bit of room to decide what to do with, especially since you only have three chromis in it. If you are in to having a really neat fish with an unknown personality, then I highly suggest that you look into a marine betta. These are a secretive fish that are nocturnal and have very neat colorations to them. They use they're tail to mimic a snowflake eel to catch they're prey because they are slow moving and cannot have fasto moving or aggressive tank mates. They are reef safe. I suggest you go to liveaquaria.com and look at they're misc. fish. There are some very unique fish in that section. Plus they have a huge selection of fish that are both unique and beautiful. Not saying you should order from them but y\use them as a research site as a reference for future purchases. Also you could go to google and search "saltwater fish for sale" and scroll through those sites and just see what you like and see if your lfs can order it for you.
Good Luck!

dwarf angels are nice
for example a coral beauty, bicolor angelfish, flame angelfish
wrasse's are nice too

tsharkey said:
If you are anything like I think you are (which is someone who likes something exotic that has cool color patterns and no one else has and/or knows what it is) then you are just like me. In a 75 gallon you have quite a bit of room to decide what to do with, especially since you only have three chromis in it. If you are in to having a really neat fish with an unknown personality, then I highly suggest that you look into a marine betta. These are a secretive fish that are nocturnal and have very neat colorations to them. They use they're tail to mimic a snowflake eel to catch they're prey because they are slow moving and cannot have fasto moving or aggressive tank mates. They are reef safe. I suggest you go to liveaquaria.com and look at they're misc. fish. There are some very unique fish in that section. Plus they have a huge selection of fish that are both unique and beautiful. Not saying you should order from them but y\use them as a research site as a reference for future purchases. Also you could go to google and search "saltwater fish for sale" and scroll through those sites and just see what you like and see if your lfs can order it for you.
Good Luck!

Ya!! I love mine! If you want any info about owning one, feel free to ask!!:)

Thanks for the ideas. Yes, I'm looking for something a little different that I don't see in everyone's tank.

I will dig around live aquaria.

I have a 75g too. My gameplan is to try and not get fish you see all the time. So far I have an Eibli Dwarf Angel ( love dwarf angels and everyone seems to go Flame or Coral Beauty), two Green Chromis (want more, just seems to want to stay at two) and I just got a bicolor Foxface this weekend (had never seen one before, only Lo and 1 Spots). I plan on adding some kind of wrasse (probably a Mystery Wrasse), a White Tail Tang (if I can ever find one) and probably a Spotted Hawk.

Bearchumjs said:
Gboy and Nu-Nu probably know what I'm going to say....

Gold headed sleeper goby! It's my dream fish. I saw one at petco and fell in love immediately.

Sleeper Gold Head Goby: Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums

I have 2 at my work right now lol. Only 30 bucks too. My vote goes to the harlequin tusk. Yes 75g my be a bit small but itll do fine. Plus not to mention it goes through one crazy color change while maturing.

Harlequin Tusk : Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums

Back
Top Bottom