stocking list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Penguin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright guys here's my finalized stocking list for when my 29 high is done cycling:
2x ocellaris clowns
1x starry blenny
1x yellow watchman goby
1x scarlet skunk shrimp
5x blue legged dwarf hermit crabs
3x nassarius snails

whats some other nano fish you guys would recommend for a beginner? I'm on a budget of 15-20 per fish.

Add a pistol to go with the watchman

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

As long as you acclimate it to your water it'll be fine, and the pistol and cleaner will be fine, I had both in my 10 with no issues. They occupy different areas of the tank IME, the pistol will stay in the sand bed while the cleaner will usually stay in a cave or overhang of its choosing, but rarely go down to the sand IME.

pistol shrimp like to guard there hole , skunks spend most there time in the rocks
I have 6 types of shrimp in my tank with no problems,

pistol shrimp like to guard there hole , skunks spend most there time in the rocks
I have 6 types of shrimp in my tank with no problems,

As long as you acclimate it to your water it'll be fine, and the pistol and cleaner will be fine, I had both in my 10 with no issues. They occupy different areas of the tank IME, the pistol will stay in the sand bed while the cleaner will usually stay in a cave or overhang of its choosing, but rarely go down to the sand IME.

I will definitely add the pistol when my tank is ready, and is there any specific order I should add these fish because some say clowns should go last whereas the clean up crew and shrimps should go first?

I will definitely add the pistol when my tank is ready, and is there any specific order I should add these fish because some say clowns should go last whereas the clean up crew and shrimps should go first?

Hermits and snails shouldn't go in until there is something for them to eat. As far as the fish, with your list you can go with whatever you want to first

Hermits and snails shouldn't go in until there is something for them to eat. As far as the fish, with your list you can go with whatever you want to first

but the shrimps should be fine first too because I was thinking of adding the goby and pistol first so they can establish a cave, then the blenny and the cleaner shrimp, and then lastly the 2 clowns and then hermits and snails.

Back
Top Bottom