Stocking List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfirst

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 125 gallon aquarium that i'm going to set up this next week over spring break...

This is what I plan on putting in it

1 Blue Tang (already have)
1 Yellow Tang (already have)
1 True Percula Clownfish (already have)
1 Bengali Cardinalfish
1 Firefish (already have)
1 Christmas Wrasse (already have)
1 Royal Gramma (already have)
1 Jeweled Rockskipper
12 Red Hermit Crabs
1 Porcelian Crab
1 Green Serpant Starfish (already have)
25 Turbo Snails
25 Nassarius Snails
25 Banded Trochus Snails
2 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
2 Peppermint Shrimp

1 Green Striped Mushroom
1 Red Mushroom
1 Green Fluorescent Mushroom
1 Blue Mushroom
1 Yellow Fiji Leather Coral
1 Devil's Hand Leather Coral
2 Button Polyp

Any objections suggestions???

1 Bengali Cardinalfish
Don't they just sit there, suspended in the water? If so, I'd suggest 3 blue/green chromis that'll school. Hardy too. Also, IMO you need something that's sit on the rocks too. Maybe a bi-color blenny which'll nibble algea too. A midas blenny is bigger and swims out front too, but perches on the rocks and like to peek out to watch things. Also, I see you don't have a sand dweller on your list. Algae blenny, watchman goby, and others may give you some choices for sand dwellers.

Also, try xenia, hammer, and frogspwan corals to give you more variety. They're pretty easy too. Of course the xenia can go wild, but you can trim it and sell it back to the LFS.

Good luck.

Do all of your current fish have to go in this tank? If not, I'd also recommend a pair of clowns.

The Jeweled Rockskipper I thought hung out on the rocks??? maybe I'm wrong... I'll check out the bi-color blenny, and midas blenny... I had a watchman goby on the list but scratched it thinking it would be too much... My christmas wrasse likes to burry himself though... Yeah all fish need to go into this tank (I am selling my 55gallon and putting the two damsels I have in my 20 gallon) Plus my clownfish and my Blue Tang ALWAYS hang out together... unless my clownfish is playing with the intake of one of my powerheads... (he hosts it like an anemone)

My Percula is doing great, as are all my fish, I've considered getting another, but I don't want to overstock... I just want to see if this was acceptable... and also I have another question... would 384 watts of light over this thing be enough? Thats 3 watts/gallon

You would be a lot better off with 500 IMO to get 4w per. 3 per may be a little on the low side and make you have to put stuff up high in the tank. Any chance to supplement those PCs with some MH pendants or something. I'm not the one to talk to about MHs, but I was wondering if or how you might add to those you have instead of buying a complete new set of lights.

Back
Top Bottom