Stocking list 75 gal tropical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amasmash

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:thanks:Hello!

I am planning a 75 gallon community tank, and I was hoping to get some opinions on what I have worked out so far.

Going to do a planted tank with a sand substrate and some driftwood

1 Angelfish
1 Pearl Gourami
2 (M/F) German Blue Rams
15-21 Rummy Nose Tetras
7-11 Bandit Corys

Should I do more fish? less fish?

I also really like Boesemani and Praecox Rainbows.
Otos are pretty cute too

Thank you in advance for you replies. :)

welcome to the forum! :welcome: you posted this in the wrong section. have you ever had a fish tank? do you know about the nitrogen cycle? i'd say your stock list looks pretty good, you could add a small school of rainbows. i wouldn't add any otocinclus until your tank is aged at least 6 months with a nice layer of biofilm, and stable water parameters. do you have a test kit?

Stock set looks good to me! The only thing I'd advise against is the rainbows. A small school will decimate all food that hits the surface. Leaving all other fish a little overwhelmed.

Yeah, I noticed that I had it in the wrong place as soon as I submitted, lol. I resubmitted in correct place but couldn't figure out how to delete this one. That's what I get for being in a hurry. :/
I have had a tropical tank before. Not one this big tho. Planning on getting the tank cycled (fishless) and then getting the plants all in before I start with the fish. I just want to plan it out as best as I can. I have a test kit coming in the mail today so I can see what my baseline readings are. How many Rainbows do you think? :)

Depends on what rainbows we're talking about. My two favourites, at least from personal experience, are the Madagascar rainbow and neon blue rainbow. As far as numbers go, 5-6 is a good number.

Depends on what rainbows we're talking about. My two favourites, at least from personal experience, are the Madagascar rainbow and neon blue rainbow. As far as numbers go, 5-6 is a good number.

I think I'll stick to my original lineup for now. I like Rainbows, but I'll probably skip them for now. I like the idea of one big school anyway.

Back
Top Bottom