Stocking list for 36 gallon bow front.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austriaguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,

Over the holidays i acquired a 36 gallon bow front. We had it set up with over 30 pounds of live rock. the tank has a sump with plants sand and some rubble. we have a protein skimmer and two heaters running. My family constructed a list of fish that they liked. We shrunk it down and talked to some experienced friends. they said the set up was pushing it but would probably be fine. here it is.
1x bicolor dottyback
3x firefish
2x percula clownfish
1x six line wrasse
1x Banggai cardinal fish
1x yellowheaded jawfish
1x green mandrin dragonette (after a while)

i know this is borderline too much, but i just wanted to get some opinions. thank you and please post your thoughts

why do you say no? Cutting off bio load and clearing space or do just not like the fish?

It's not borderline, I'm not even adding that many fish to my 75. The firefish will likely kill each other and the mandarin is likely to starve.

ok. ya i probably should make some more space. i will just go slow on my stocking and see how it goes.

wow... i just realized that that first stocking scheme would have had over thirty inches of fish!! i decided to take out the three fire fish and the cardinal. is that still too much?

wow... i just realized that that first stocking scheme would have had over thirty inches of fish!! i decided to take out the three fire fish and the cardinal. is that still too much?

I wouldn't put more than six, very carefuly planned, and peaceful fish for a fowlr. If it was reef I would do five. Just my opinion.

your choice:

1x bicolor dottyback
3x firefish
2x percula clownfish
1x six line wrasse
1x Banggai cardinal fish
1x yellowheaded jawfish
1x green mandrin dragonette (after a while)

My suggestion:

0 X bicolor dottyback

scratch the dottyback will pick on cardinals

1X firefish 3 would be a blood bath

2x percula clownfish

1x six line wrasse may pick on cardinals hit or miss

2x Banggai cardinal fish this is a ? due to they hide a lot and may get picked on

1x yellowheaded jawfish

1x green mandarin dragnet wait till tank is more established at least a year or more
unless you plan on raising pods to support his supply of pods
you also need to remember the wrasse will diminish pods fast also along with your other fish but they don't depend on them as does the mandarin ,
I also trained my mandarin to eat frozen mysiss and pellets but he still needs pods in his diet

Back
Top Bottom