Stocking list help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

player676

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am sure you guys get this question alot, but I could use the help as I do my research. I really want to make sure I do this right. My wife also wants a say since she says she has to look at the tank too. Damn women...just kidding :)

I am doing a 180g FOWLR tank with about 350 lbs of lr and base rock. I will also have a big clean up crew that I will be getting from liveaquaria.com which includes star fish, crabs, snails, cucumbers and a few other goodies.

Here are the fish I am considering. Note that I do not plan on getting all of these. I am not crazy :) The one I want the most is the Volitan Red Lionfish. I am looking for advice for the others.

Powder Blue Tang
Kole Tang
Orange Shoulder Tang
Blue/Royal Tang
Bicolor Foxface
Flame Angel
Gray/Black Angel
Xanthurus Cream Angel
Yellow Stripe Maroon Clownfish

I am assuming that only one tang and angel will work in the tank, so I was thinking the lionfish, one angel, one tang, clownfish and the foxface...would that work. I want as many fish as possible, but abiding by the 1 adult inch per 3-5g rule and having as much different colors as possible.

Thanks in advance

P.S. Any fish that I didn't mention that people have a fondness of and recommend would be helpful as well. I've looked at a number of websites in compiling this list but I am sure I missed a few.

i am in the same process as you are right now. i am setting up an agressive tank including a sunset wrasse large angle and clown. i am very fond of lionfish as well, however they are aggressive and will eat anything that fits in their mouths including most of your clean up crew. to solve this problem i will be running a refugium and putting my clean up crew in that. this solves the problem of them getting eaten with out having to sacrafice on the fish.
HTH

I read on one of the fish list sites that that specific lionfish does not eat inverts. If they do, I will have to consider removing them from the list. I like the idea of having the crew crawling all over the tank. So now I have to reevaluate things. Probably makes the wife happy. She hates the lionfish. She likes fish looking fish...whatever that means.

Thanks for the help!

well I would (personally) want a yellow tang, and in a tank that big, I think you could do 2 diff. types of tangs if you introduce them symutaniously, and prob. two angels, and maybe some dasmels as well... and the marron is rather aggressive.....

Powder Blue tangs are ick magnets. They will find a way to get ick if its there. It does not have to be your tank. Maybe even the LFS. I have a yellow stripe Maroon and they are a good addition in that size tank.

Back
Top Bottom