Stocking my 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PiShyPinoy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
I am in the process of stocking my 55g tank. First, I will start out with a FOWLR and then graduate to a reef tank. Here is the list:

Fish I really want to have:
Antennata lionfish
yellow tang
snowflake eel

Fish that I plan to have:

3 spotted cardinalfish
3 banggai cardinalfish
1 leaf scorpionfish
3 emerald crabs
10 red leg hermit

Welcome to AA! I am not sure what you want us to do here...critique your list? If so, the fish you 'really want' to have make your tank a full one. You could add the crabs, they may/may not survive the eel. There would really not be enough room to add the cardinals, nor the scorpion.

I agree with Hara. Tht is a pretty packed tank. I am also afraid your cardinals would eventually become lunch for your lion. With that stocking list you are going to have trouble keeping any small fish or mobile inverts.

Why don't you go with a nice community tank if you're planning on making a reef tank. There are alot of cool fish that are not aggresive preditors. Scorpion fish really belong is larger systems. Same with lion fish and eels.

I agree also that you`re creating a predator tank and some of those just wont survive.

Back
Top Bottom