Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #1
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 421
stocking my biocube 29!

Ok so now that my biocube cycle is in full swing i'm beginning to plan my stocking list!

so far i i have on my list

Oc Clowns (pair)
firefish
Bicolor Dottybacks
yellow clown gobys
purple fire fish
sailfin blenny
6 line wrasses

BEFORE YOU HAVE A HEART ATTACK READ HERE: These are just possible candidates for my tank not all are going in obviously. LOL i bet i scared some of you!

OK so im thinking of a few different combinations. and any suggested combos are appreciated..Clowns are a MUST though.

2 clowns
2 fire fish (one purple)
1 bi color dotty back
1 sailfin
1 six line

or

2 clowns
2 fire fish
2 six lines and one sail fin

what do you guys think of them?

At some point Corals will be going in.
__________________

__________________
Evo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bribo12's Avatar

Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo8 View Post
Ok so now that my biocube cycle is in full swing i'm beginning to plan my stocking list!

so far i i have on my list

Oc Clowns (pair)
firefish
Bicolor Dottybacks
yellow clown gobys
purple fire fish
sailfin blenny
6 line wrasses

BEFORE YOU HAVE A HEART ATTACK READ HERE: These are just possible candidates for my tank not all are going in obviously. LOL i bet i scared some of you!

OK so im thinking of a few different combinations. and any suggested combos are appreciated..Clowns are a MUST though.

2 clowns
2 fire fish (one purple)
1 bi color dotty back
1 sailfin
1 six line

or

2 clowns
2 fire fish
2 six lines and one sail fin

what do you guys think of them?

At some point Corals will be going in.
The first list I would cut out two fish, 7 is a lot of bioload for a 29. The second one I would cut out a six line, they will fight. I'd also cut out another fish and just do 4 or 5 fish total. Make sure to add the six line an dottyback last f you decide on them. May want to drop the firefish if you do the dottyback, firefish are shy as heck and would probably get abused.
__________________

__________________
20 Gallon SPS reef
29 Gallon FW "fat catfish" tank
20 Gallon Long Dart Frogs "Zig" and "Zag"
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:42 AM   #3
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 421
ok..maybe ill rethink the firefish..i really dont want shy fish!
__________________
Evo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:08 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
I'd also vote to not add the dottyback. I had one in my 29 cube and it had to be moved to my big tank cause of how aggressive he was. I like the firefish though, and since youll have a hood it cant jump.
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:59 AM   #5
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 421
Ok so. This is what i have.

2 clowns
1sailfin algae blenny
1 six line wrasse
1 royal gramma basslet? Is this guy a suitible alternative to the dotty back?

Also could I throw in a few chromis with the mix?
__________________
Evo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:00 AM   #6
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 421
One more thing..do all these guys eat flake food or dry food?
__________________
Evo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bribo12's Avatar

Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo8 View Post
Ok so. This is what i have.

2 clowns
1sailfin algae blenny
1 six line wrasse
1 royal gramma basslet? Is this guy a suitible alternative to the dotty back?

Also could I throw in a few chromis with the mix?
The clowns, six line and royal gramma should. The blenny may but supplement it with algae sheets. Also feed a variety of flakes, pellets and frozen. I like new life spectrum foods. I'd ask your lfs what they are all eating and at least see the blenny eat. I wouldn't do the chromis, te 5 you listed should be a good bioload.
__________________
20 Gallon SPS reef
29 Gallon FW "fat catfish" tank
20 Gallon Long Dart Frogs "Zig" and "Zag"
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #8
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribo12 View Post
The clowns, six line and royal gramma should. The blenny may but supplement it with algae sheets. Also feed a variety of flakes, pellets and frozen. I like new life spectrum foods. I'd ask your lfs what they are all eating and at least see the blenny eat. I wouldn't do the chromis, te 5 you listed should be a good bioload.
sounds good! im at least a 2 weeks out from fish! so ill do my research on the blenny..i wish i could get a dwarf lion! lol thats why i like him his coloration reminds me of the lions!
__________________
Evo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bribo12's Avatar

Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9,117
Haha dwarf lions are awesome! You could do one but that would be about it for fish and you couldn't have shrimp or crabs.
__________________
20 Gallon SPS reef
29 Gallon FW "fat catfish" tank
20 Gallon Long Dart Frogs "Zig" and "Zag"
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #10
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribo12 View Post
Haha dwarf lions are awesome! You could do one but that would be about it for fish and you couldn't have shrimp or crabs.
Yep! i'd prefer for my first Tank to be diverse and exciting with color! lol
__________________

__________________
Evo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bio, biocube, cube, stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.