As the title suggests, I'm looking for help in stocking my first saltwater tank (Have had 45 gallon freshwater up and running for about half a year, so SOME fish experience).
The tank I'm using is a standard 37gal, with 37 pounds of rock (does it matter if its live? LFS
told me all rock becomes "live" after cycling). Still debating filtration method, currently have the basic filter the set came with but will probably upgrade/change upon next paycheck (3 days!)
I've come up with a preliminary list of fish that I think would be compatible and could thrive in a well maintained 37 gallon. Based on my research they seem compatible, but I'm not sure if I have room for ALL of them (although hopefully 4/5). So I'm here to get some advice, here's my list in order of how badly I want/need them:
1. Jawfish - fell in love with at store, must have
2. Mandarin - Realize potentially difficult with only 37lb LR
...hope to find one who eats live/frozen food, opinions welcome
3. Six line wrasse - hopefully no problems here
4. Coral Beauty Angel - Have heard mixed reviews on whether one should be kept in a 37, thoughts?
5. Firefish - honestly the first four are the only ones I really care about and probably have room for, this one's kind of a filler.
So let me have it! I welcome any comments, constructive criticism, and especially suggestions (you know of a fish that I don't that I just need to have? Let me know!)
I really appreciate anyone who has time to help me, let me know if you'd like any additional information