Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Stocking New Coralife Biocube 29

After over a month of being patient I am officially fish ready. Popped Champagne!! Now wondering what would be the best fish to begin stocking this tank with. All suggestions greatly appreciated. LFS shipment coming in Thursday night. Really excited to make the first step in this amazing new hobby!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-22159743.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	107261  

Old 07-18-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Your porous rock looks excellent for a tail spot blenny. I have one that has a dime sized hole in the live rock that he backs into. The hole is his home and he just pokes his little head out, so cool. They also help on algae control!

Old 07-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yellow faced jaw fish! I live my guy. Just make sure your rock work is stable and was laid down prior to sand going in. There diggers and will make burrows everywhere. There good to stir up the sand bed. Is that a yellow tailed damsel I see?

Did you use that to cycle? Those get very very aggressive for a small fish. I had to remove mine.

Also maybe a nice Firefish.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:23 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yellow watchman goby, clowns, cardinals, gramma.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161
Yellow faced jaw fish! I live my guy. Just make sure your rock work is stable and was laid down prior to sand going in. There diggers and will make burrows everywhere. There good to stir up the sand bed. Is that a yellow tailed damsel I see?

Did you use that to cycle? Those get very very aggressive for a small fish. I had to remove mine.

Also maybe a nice Firefish.
Yeah those are YT damsels. That will be my project tomorrow trying to get those things out of there. They are very territorial. My LFS buddy told me the coke bottle trick cut the top off and put food in the bottom and put top back inverted will trap them. Hopefully not having to take the whole tank part to get them out lol. Now my LR does sit on top of my sand bed something I will also try to fix tomorrow as well as buy some of that rock support putty they sell to secure a few pieces on top. Hopefully that yellow faced dogfish comes in tomorrow.. Looks really cool.. The anticipation is killing me brotha!

Tags
bio, biocube, coral, coralife, cube, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com