Stocking New Tank, 180gal - Help (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1brent1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Now that my tank is setup and cycled I would like to start stocking it. All I know right now is that I want to have corals and fish. I already have 3 small Blue Chromis in it for 1 week now and would like to get a few Clown Fish (Nemo's) tonight if cool. Would it be OK to get 2 or even 3 for now? I see them in a lot of reef tanks thats why I thought it would be ok.

Also, where's a good website I can go to research on fish/corals on what can I and can't have together.

I'm going to order a cleanup crew in another week or 2, once the tank looks like it needs some help with cleaning. Its been up for only 2 weeks now. I also did a 15% water change this past weekend. Believe it or not it cycled in just 3 or 4 days. Had the 220lbs of Live Rock in large container for 3+ months while I built the stand/canopy and set everything up. It already has a lot of Hair/Grass looking algae and I was told Sponge Filters.

Here's a pic, still working on things- (180gal w/ 40L gal sump/ soon to be refuge)
Here's a earlier photo too- http://www.partydamage.com/fishtank/09.jpg
11.jpg

I caution you to add things very slowly. If, indeed, your tank has cycled you can add a couple of true percs or occellaris clowns. I would not do three. Monitor parameters very closely for a couple of weeks and be ready to do a PWC if needed. check out www.liveaquaria.com for info on fish and corals.

Thats 220 lbs or LR????? I would have guessed it was at most 100lbs.
IMO you need more LR, if you want corals you want some place to put them and the fish will need lots of hiding places.
Take things slow in the beginning and adding 3 clowns is fine. Get 3 of the same kind as small as you can and they should become a pair over time.

tanks looks nice.. waht kind on skimmer do yu have? Looks like a monster.

Back
Top Bottom