Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Stocking Opinions - 75g

Good morning all,

I wanted to get your stocking opinions for my 75g tank; Looking for what fish I should finish with.

Currently Have:
- 1 Foxface Rabbitfish
- 1 Yellow Watchman Goby
- 1 Orange Spot Goby
- 1 Yellow Eye Kole Tang

Looking at the following
- 2 Ocellaris Clowns (Most Likely)
- ???

I was thinking of Clowns, and then finishing with some schooling firefish to try and keep the tank as a primarily small fish tank. Thanks for any thoughts and help!

Brad

Edit: My appologies if this is the wrong section; I don't really see a "Livestock" section

Old 09-16-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

I don't know much about Saltwater fish yet but I noticed you are located in Langly AFB glad to talk to you I was USAF 1966 to 1970 509th Bomb Wing Pease AFB, Guam, Utapao I was Jet Engine Tech on the B-52D Spent most of my time in Utapao main bombing base to Vietnam for B-52 also KC-135 of coarse they went hand to hand cant fly a B52 without a KC135 in those days.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #3
is back to save the day!

Definitely the Kole tang. I love those fish. They are good sized tangs that will fit in the 75G. What about a yellow tang? Those are pretty nice too. Try looking at some blennies, there are some really awesome ones out there. Also, look at the pajama cardinals. Since you have such a big tank, is you get 3 they will shoal together, and it looks awesome. I have ocellaris and i would reccomend it to anybody. I'll think of a few others in a little bit.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have a Yellow Tang great fish I have a clip with seaweed everyday for her and I have a lawnmower blennie he is fun to watch he and the yellow tang love that seaweed, I call them he's and she's but I have no idea what sex they are. also I have two True Percula's everyone should have them.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

zero, that kole tang is a nice fish just googled it, how would it get along with a dof face puffer going into tank at the same time soon asmy tank cycles I will stock it 56 gal I really like the sailfin also
Old 09-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
Thanx but no.....

Other than the blenny and clowns and MAYBE the kole, none of those fish belong in a 56g tank. IMO

Meaning the puffer, sailfin and yellow
Old 09-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Captain, thanks, based on recommended size as fully grown they should be in min of 75, my thought was as juvinilles this would be okay from what I have read they May grow 1 inch per year. My thought is to have a really large tank or two in the future before I go over the 3 inch per gallon rule I have read unlike FW at one inch.

Do you think that will work for awhile ??
Old 09-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #8
is back to save the day!

Hard to say really.. it all depends on the fish. I know people that keep some fairly large fish in 55G tanks.. and the fish do fine.. but i know of more people that kept large fish in smaller tanks.. and their entire tanks crashed because a fish got ich, or some stress-induced disease.. and it died and other fish got infected etc..
Old 09-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #9
Thanx but no.....

Personally, No,

It's not just the size of the fish at the current time and growth rate. Fish that require larger tanks like to swim. Smaller tanks have less length that prohibits this, thus possibly stressing the fish leading to disease. It also has to do with their desired territorial boundries and again the lack of space and perceived overcrowding because of the boundaries.

A child would be no happier living in a closet than an adult, even though they are smaller. Frankly the child wouldn't be any happier of you told the child that you were going to get them a bigger closet shortly either.

Finally, and not directed at you, but if I had a dollar for everyone who said they were going to buy a bigger tank "soon" and never did... well you know the rest.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #10
is back to save the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAhab View Post

A child would be no happier living in a closet than an adult, even though they are smaller. Frankly the child wouldn't be any happier of you told the child that you were going to get them a bigger closet shortly either.

LOL! That is one weird analogy.. but it sure does make sense.

Tags
75g, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com